• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] Bricked My GNex

Wow Rich, glad you're up & running.

But if you're convinced that Superwipe did in the internal memory, I need to know so I can revise my Guide. No way do I want even ONE more ROM procedure to bork like yours did on account of my instructions.

I thought we should debrief.

I didn't use Superwipe in fact I have no idea what that is. I went through wiping the partitions one by one in TWRP. I used factory reset not the other one. I have to admit I found the line I quoted above from your excellent guide a bit confusing. Had to read it several times to make sure I understood it.

TWRP doesn't make it very clear which option does what.

Upvote 0
cool. Just wondering. This is a Prime example of why i tell people to not fully rely on toolkits. You really need to know just a little ADB in case these situations happen. ADB is super easy but intimidates people easily.

Glad you all were able to get him going again.

Very intimidated by ADB. Just how does one push a ROM with this method? :thinking:
I finally read up, face palm...saw the link....Thanks

Upvote 0
Very intimidated by ADB. Just how does one push a ROM with this method? :thinking:
I finally read up, face palm...saw the link....Thanks

Do not be intimidated. Adb is a great thing for any Android user and once you have it set up and play around with it for awhile, you will get comfortable using it. If you want to try and have any questions whatsoever, don't be shy. And if you aren't already set up, I might recommend a mini version of the sdk that only utilizes adb & fastboot and leaves out all the other stuff aimed at developers, not the average Joe who wants to interface his phone.

Upvote 0
When I rooted my gnex last year using the adb push commands etc.., I remember thinking just how it was possible people were actually "bricking" their phones. Might just be my ignorance, but unless you hose up a flash of a bootloader, I just don't see how you couldn't fix your issues with ADB. Am I wrong??

Upvote 0
When I rooted my gnex last year using the adb push commands etc.., I remember thinking just how it was possible people were actually "bricking" their phones. Might just be my ignorance, but unless you hose up a flash of a bootloader, I just don't see how you couldn't fix your issues with ADB. Am I wrong??

More or less, the only way to brick this device is flash an incompatible bootloader, or erase it in fastboot without flashing a new one and then attempting to reboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones