1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Bricked my marquee trying to install stock recovery img

1. BoomBoom53

BoomBoom53 Well-Known Member

Need some help trying to bring my LG Marquee (Boost) back.

I used PlayfulGods scrip to install a working CWM Recovery. I was able to install CWM without issue. THEN I had the bright idea of installing the stock recovery img file.

NOW I can no longer boot all the way. Phone stops at the end of the bootanimation and freezes. I can get into stock recovery, but CWM is no longer there.

Any Suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Well-Known Member

Can u adb??
  3. BoomBoom53

When I run the script stops at "daemon started successfully" and seems to be waiting for phone.
    When I ask from command prompt "adb devices" it does not show device
  4. lMonsterl

While in recovery?
  5. BoomBoom53

yes while in stock recovery and when it sits frozen in boot up.
  6. kbnito

kbnito Member

I get stuck in an screen with a white box with an yellow arrow coming out of it and the android
    Help pleaseeee
    and the I got something like this

can't mount system:app/booksphone.apk main 961: copy-path=(null)
    finding update package

but then it will go back to the white book with the yellow arrow
  7. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

Try this....Boot into stock recovery(if you can) Then do a wipe data and the cache using the stock recovery....Then restart device see if that will get you past the screen!
  8. kbnito

kbnito Member

I cant , now I got a new screen , it says Download is in progress . Do not disconnect cable , being like that for the last half an hour
  9. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

What did you do EXACTLY to get like this? Did you try to go back to stock recovery?
  10. kbnito

kbnito Member

I tried and I didnt work , then I got the download screen for a for like 10 min until I removed the battery (probably it was not a good idea but I did it anyway) and once I put the battery on again I got back to te screen with the white box and the yellow arrow , I am so freaking out right now , I have not idea what else to do.
    Thank you anyway :(
  11. BoomBoom53

Your just in s/w mode. Take battery out and unplug USB cable.
  12. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

Yes he's is but im trying to get him to explain his steps on how he got into there???
  13. kbnito

kbnito Member

I root the LG marquee , then I installed Titanium whatever , and then I removed google book , the cell asked me to restart , it did , and that how it got to the white box with the yellow arrow , and it has been like that since yesterday , I press volume + and power on and it restart the cell but it takes me back to the white box.
    I dont know if that what you are asking me

If I press the little house button I get smothing like this

E: unknown volume for path [SYSTEM:app/booksphone.apk]
    E:can't mount system:app/booksphone.apk main 961: copy-path=(null)
    finding update package

but then it will go back to the white book with the yellow arrow
  14. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

You may have to wait til theres a way to go back to stock before you will have a working phone again. The fact it can be put into s/w is good, but you need the stock file to flash in s/w mode to get it back working. And for what i know theres no file yet made for the boost marquee. Maybe playfulgod will have a. Tot file for us to flash completely back to stock.
    kbnito likes this.
  15. kbnito

kbnito Member

Guess I have to wait , in the meantime I am buying another LG , bc right now I am offline with the world LOL
    Btw how to do you flash it back to stock
  16. BoomBoom53

To get into s/w download.
    With battery out and. USB cable plugged in computer, not phone yet.
    Hold ALL buttons down, power + volume up & down, and camer/app Then plug USB in phone .

Accidently done????
  17. kbnito

kbnito Member

what are you implying
  18. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

Its volume up/G button(camera)/back button/and power button to get into s/w mode
  19. 903Tex

903Tex Well-Known Member

HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE BRICKING USING CWM TOOL????

I just installed the stock recovery and done a factory reset in settings TWICE! And have a 100% working device....

So tell us EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID WHILE INSTALLING STOCK RECOVERY?
  20. lMonsterl

What's your progress on this? I have an idea to help
  21. BoomBoom53

I fixed mine by going into the stock recovery menu and resetting user/data, clear cache. By doing that I was able to get by the boot up animation, where it was freezing, and into the New User screen. I skipped all the new user setup questions and got to a blank screen with minimal functions, a REAL MESS. SO I could not put phone into debugging mode. By playing with the side camera button I was able to assign the button to "settings". From there I put phone into debugging.
    Then used PlayFulGods AIO to put CWM Recovery on phone. Then put phone into CWM recovery and used CWM to restore phone with a backup I had on sdcard.

NOT a technical answer but that's how I fixed it. I had to play with phone to get debugging on. Would have been easier if I had had an update.zip to flash phone from stock recovery menu.

What caused my phone to be so screwed up was when I tried to use the "stock img" in the AIO files folder with the AIO script.
  22. kahuama

kahuama Active Member Contributor

I been working on cellphones for 7 years and on cdma we have experience that when lg phones says download it means that you erase all the software and the phone is gone, no logos, no boot loader, NOTHING, we use software to install the stock software but there's not PRL, or Logos (verizon etc) try to look for a software that reinstall the boot loader so you can put the stock software back, that is on lg phones, im not saying that this will help the marquee but a least let you know where you are.
  23. lMonsterl

dude, he already got it working
  24. kahuama

kahuama Active Member Contributor

25. tokes

tokes Member

MY MAN! It's plugged in and still says download is in progress - do not disconnect cable. THIS IS THE SECOND GD TIME I'VE BRICKED A MARQUEE. I WILL NEVER, EVER USE ROM MANAGER AGAIN. That app has done this TWICE to me now. It's complete BS. Oh well, avoid it in the future I suppose :)