1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Bricked my phone after installing ahome update?!

Last Updated:

1. cred05

cred05 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just installed the ahome update, it installs so i click on the home button, select to make ahome my default home app and then I get a "force close" over and over. So i turn off my phone, turn it back on and now it wont go past the android screen(blinking android guy)

WTF?! What are my options?

Advertisement
  2. cred05

Well i just held down a bunch of random buttons and brought the phone back, but i still keep getting the force close. "This application aHome (process mobi.bbase.ahome) has stopped unexpectedly." I cant do any but click on force close and quickly drag down the top menu bar

3. devolio

devolio Well-Known Member

If you boot up your phone while holding menu (the whole time, until you get to the desktop) you'll get into safe mode. You should be able to remove it from there.

zman7 likes this.
  4. cred05

Awesome! Thanks man, that did it. Wonder if I should try to reinstall it...

5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Yes ... I have the paid version running fine ... the looping error was probably a fluke... and if it happens again you now know how to fix the issue ..

6. Windchill

Windchill Well-Known Member

I also had a major problem with Ahome. Now I am fighting them for a refund. They dont answer emails at all. I am really not liking the way they handle paying customers.

7. justjimjpc

What problem were you having ?

... and have you gone to their site ?

mAPPn Mobile App Network

8. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

They have a big post about how to fix it on thier website. Once it is uninstalled, you can re-install it without the force-close loop starting again.

The issue was caused when they removed the copy protection from aHome. This causes funky stuff to happen if the program is not un-installed first, because Android handles copy-protected apps differently than non copy-protected apps. The copy protection was a big reason why both aHome and Open Home used to force close all the time.

Open home went thru the exact same issue. I'm surprised that aHome didn't learn by Open homes example. Open home had a big post explaining the whole fiasco on their Blog several weeks ago.

9. JJbdoggg

JJbdoggg Member

it happened to me and i had to wipe my phone :mad:

10. justjimjpc

Another Solution has been ...

Hold the 'Menu' while powering on the Phone ... hold the key until all activity stops ...
    You have just executed a Boot into "Safe Mode" ...
    You can now uninstall the offending program... (in this case aHome)

Reboot machine and problem should be cleared ... now you can perform a fresh install ...

Droidn00b likes this.
  11. Manacit

Manacit Well-Known Member

I wish I had known about the home key, I ended up doing a wipe because I was away from a computer and I needed my phone :(. Next time I won't blindly update an app like that, they didn't make it very clear that you needed to uninstall first.. I still love aHome though :)

12. justjimjpc

Understand, I try to be sure to read the notices in the update area .. or what is being updated ... along with like the latest 10 comments...

I also backup my apps before doing an update .......

At least you will be prepared next time ...

13. zodiak591

zodiak591 New Member

I just want to thank you about your answer =) !! I had got the same problem with my phone and "ahome apk" .Your answer was very helpful !! thank you =)

14. nateking14

nateking14 New Member

so what i did what pluged it into my computer and them i added a lot of pictures so my memory would be low and i got rid of ahome

15. CptGemini

CptGemini Well-Known Member

I used to use ahome but I quit once their app kept changing my background even though that was turned off. I got tired of it so I uninstalled it, I do remember seeing a similar desktop app on the market place but I can't remember what it was called.