• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked my phone?? *HELP* :(

DS1495

Lurker
Jun 11, 2010
Hey,

So I believe I have 'bricked' my Bell Samsung Galaxy S (unlocked and using on Telus).

I was using the GST (Galaxy S Tweaker) app, so I rooted with that, applied a lag fix, then tried the home screen switch mod (that changes the home screen back to the stock android slide to unlock one) But now my phone won't boot past the white 'Galaxy S, Samsung' writing. *NOTE* I can successfully boot into recovery mode, and I have attempted to reset/delete all data, and clear cache from the list of items, all to no avail.

Now, it is my understanding that using ODIN I may be able to revive my phone by flashing back to a 2.1 ROM..?

Only problem is that I have no idea how to use ODIN, or to flash a ROM, or where to find the files necessary.

Can someone please help me?
Thanks,
Dylan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones