Bricked my phone help!!!

1. batteryy

batteryy New Member

My phone wont go past the samsung logo, when i try to use odin to flash my device this message comes up. I am losing hope and about to break it in half.

<ID:0/005> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> KIES_HOME_L710VPALEN_L710SPRALEN_618049_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/005> sbl2.mbn
    <ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/005>
    <ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <ID:0/005> Added!!
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Product name: SGH-T999
    Custom binary download: yes (15 counts)
    current binary: Custom
    System status: Custom

Advertisement
  2. batteryy

batteryy New Member

I will honestly give the person who fixes my problem money via paypal. i am in desperate need
  3. Optimus_User

Optimus_User Well-Known Member

Alright, hold down Volume Down+Home button+power. In that order. If you're able to get to "download" screen, you're in good-shape. If not, you might have to JTAG. Check XDA for further help.

IF YOU'RE ABLE TO BOOT INTO DOWNLOAD MODE:

You're still able to fix you're problem by flashing a new ROM, if you were rooted. Were you in the process of rooting? If so, I don't know what to do (consult XDA). If you have CWM (already rooted), boot into recovery with Volume Up+Home+Power.
  4. Omeniser

Omeniser Member

I tried installing the latest firmware I can find. Android 4.0.4 XWLPX! The installation methods all warned about the phone getting stuck in the boot screen and I'm supposed to remove the battery and re-insert it and then boot in recovery to wipe data, cache partition, and dalvik cache and reboot. The phone does not go into recovery. And when I try to go to download mode, that also doesnt happen. And the normal boot also doesnt work. Is my phone out of the help zone?

P.S. I think I did a grave mistake by ignoring the warning "have your phone's battery charge above 50% while installing a ROM". Mine was 13% when I connected it to Odin.
  5. rcsrich

rcsrich Well-Known Member

Hang in there- there's got to be a way to get you back- wish I could help but I'm new to the GS3. I do know that you don't want the battery to crap out during a ROM flash- bad news.

Browse those forums... :)