Bricked my phone today :(

Last Updated:

1. barnacles

barnacles Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I had to return my phone to bestbuy for some unrelated issues. My phone was rooted so I figured I'd unroot just to be safe. The phone came with firmware 1.56 so I downloaded the RUU thats out there. When I was almost done installing that firmware I got the fatal error 110. I then had to start my phone every time through the command prompt running fast boot. Awful. Luckily I was able to boot it up for the time I needed. Just a warning to anybody contemplating an RUU unroot. BE CAREFUL. I don't think there is a fix for this yet. At least I couldn't find one in my panic. :eek:

Advertisement
  2. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

which RUU did you use? 1.29 or 1.56?

I used the 1.29 several times so far and nothing....looks like people been bricking their phone using the 1.56....

3. barnacles

Well from what ive read if your phone came with 1.56 pre installed you cannot go back to 1.29. I tried that multiple times for my first attempt and kept getting an error. So I searched that error and found a post that suggested I needed 1.56 (since thats the oldest my phones seen)

4. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

yeah those phones with pre-installed 1.56 are the ones with the probs I believe..

I got mine and it came with 1.29 and it doesn't say "with Google" on the back...

5. barnacles

For sure.. There seems to be a lot of recent chat about it around the web so I'm hoping there are some devs that figure this out soon.

6. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands VIP Member

Lately, i've been very tempted to root. Mine is 1.56 and I'm glad I havent for this reason...

7. barnacles

I mean I will say this. Rooting is great. The 2.x roms out are blazing fast. Damage has a great ROM with pretty much all the features working. I loved it so much I'm tempted to do it again anyway. Its just SHOULD you ever need to unroot, thats where the problem lies.

8. Visionikz03

Visionikz03 Well-Known Member

I've used RUU numerous times to flashback to stock 1.56 and had no problems whatsoever. Little things like flashing 1.29 on a "with google" phone can make all the difference in the world. Read read read!

9. barnacles

Its not just people that have been flashing 1.29 first from my understanding. There are a few threads over on XDA describing the issue. Trust me, since I got my android all I've been doing is reading. However, I did try n flash 1.29 :/ haha. I don't think it did anything though. The phone never rebooted, there was never a progress bar, i simply got an error before it even started. In an IRC chat someone explained to me that the 110 is a rare error, but does happen on an occasion.

I guess I learned my lesson tho :D at least it was at no cost