Bricked my Rush... :'(

Last Updated:

1. Slayer72

Slayer72 Well-Known Member Developer

I hard bricked my Rush today testing an OC boot.img by flashing it to the boot partition with Terminal Emulator, so I think I'm gonna be done with development for a while, seems like the more I try to help get something done for one of these damn android phones the more I get screwed in the long run, JUST A WORD OF ADVICE, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO END UP WITH AN EXPENSIVE PAPER WEIGHT DO NOT, AND I DO REPEAT, DO NOT FLASH YOUR BOOT PARTITION WITH A BOOT.IMG THAT HAS BEEN MODIFIED OR YOU WILL END UP FKIN YOURSELF OUT OF A PHONE AT THAT POINT!!! I know my stay here was short lived but I'm basically pissed off to a point that makes me not ever want to pick up another android at this point, yeah, it's that bad, so take care you guys, hope you guys have better luck than I did...

Advertisement
  2. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

Oh man.. that sucks!! :( We'll miss you.. thank you for all you have done! Is there no way to flash a stock boot.img to recover?
  3. C_M_A_N

C_M_A_N Well-Known Member

Noooooooooooooo :( sorry to hear that man :'( Rip slayers rush
  4. Slayer72

Not without access to download mode, and the phone is showing no signs of life so I guess these androids aren't as good as they say they are, sorry guys I'm just disgusted with this bulls*** right now, it really took the joy I had for android right out of me today since it happened, I'm NOT a happy camper whatsoever... :(
  5. Slayer72

I just feel like taking this damn thing and chucking it out to the middle of the street, doing a mexican hat dance on it, and then taking a sledge hammer to it and then saying "Now you POS, you don't wanna come back to life?? YOU DON'T HAVE TO, I JUST SIGNED YOUR FKIN DEATH WARRANT!!"... T.T
  6. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

OHHHHHH SNAP!!!!! I was wondering what happened to you. Damnit man .
    Slayer72 likes this.
  7. sckboy78

sckboy78 Well-Known Member

Damn! That blows dude. Sorry to hear that. These things are so touchy. The slightest mistake screws you.
  8. superboy4444

superboy4444 Well-Known Member Developer

Use adb push?
  9. Slayer72

That won't work unless the phone is on and recognizable by the computer at that point...
  10. Slayer72

Think I'm gonna try making a USB Jig for it and see if I can trick it into download mode just gotta go buy the 3 100-ohm resistors... :p
    irishobo likes this.
  11. Tesla5

Tesla5 Well-Known Member

I hope it works.. if not, I'm glad you can get it fixed or replaced by Samsung! If you do get a replacement, please do pull a full stock image.

Good luck!
  12. rbheromax

rbheromax Well-Known Member

Afaik the jig only works if at the least, the charging led lights up
  13. Slayer72

I don't know where you got that info about the charging led lights, but I got my info from XDA-Developers and the info doesn't once mention at all about charging led lights or anything else for that matter... They just tell you how to make it and that it should work for any Samsung smartphone...

But for now I'm gonna have to wait til I can get ahold of a soldering gun and some solder and figure out how to strip a Micro USB plug to where the 5 pins are clearly showing...
    rbheromax likes this.
  14. rbheromax

rbheromax Well-Known Member

Basically what I'm saying is, all guides say that it only works for soft bricks (I.e. yellow triangle, reboot loop), all guides say that if your hard bricked, which I believe you are if your device shows no signs of life. In short, you can waste your hard earned cash on the jig to see it fail or take my advice. But before you go buy it, Google and see if the jig will work on hard bricks (it doesn't).

I've built a jig to actually see if it works, I've been able to get it to boot a soft brick but never a hard brick but idk maybe just me, ROM manager really f'd me over until I read some stickies, lol
    Slayer72 likes this.
  15. Slayer72

Ok well I guess you saved me some time in making the rest of this jig then, back to square one... :/
  16. Gendo420

Gendo420 Well-Known Member

What about the unbricking service I have seen on here? http://brickedmyphone.com/
    Am I mistaken or didn't I see you posting some time ago about bricking a phone before?
  17. Slayer72

This is the conversation that I just had with a tech on Home - Bricked my Phone

18. Gendo420

Ok, so we need to get you the boot partition off a working Rush. Mine is rooted, does that matter?
  19. Slayer72

Nope he just needs the boot partition pulled so he can write it back to my phone's boot partition with the programming box he has then it should be functional again, it can't boot right now because of the test OC boot.img that I force flashed to the boot partition through Terminal Emulator...

EDIT: As a matter of fact you have to be rooted to be able to pull the boot partition... :p
  20. Gendo420

When I get home from work this afternoon I'll see to it
    Slayer72 likes this.
  21. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

flashing a boot.img to the proper partition would not cause a brick worst case is kernel panic and you get the samsung splash. sounds to me like you overwrote something far more delicate
  22. Slayer72

Actually I did flash it to the boot partition, I'm not new to this stuff by a longshot, it was a test kernel boot.img in early early development and the phone really didn't like it so now it doesn't boot or show any life whatsoever, but that's ok cause Gendo420 is being a super nice person and sending me his Galaxy Rush since he's on the GS2 now, so I'll be happy once it gets here... YAAAAAY!!

(THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR GENEROSITY GENDO420!!)
  23. Slayer72

In less than 48 hours I should have my Rush that Gendo420 was nice enough to send me, wish I could do an exact T minus countdown!! LMAO!! :p
  24. AlexRayquaza

AlexRayquaza Well-Known Member

I will be counting down.
    It'll be awesome for you to return.
    Slayer72 likes this.
  25. Slayer72

Thanks bro, I appreciate the sentiment, I love workin with you guys while I'm here with a working device and this time around I'm gonna take every precaution to not have anything harmful happen to my "BABY" lmao!! :p