• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked Nexus 4???

xpizzerx

Lurker
Jul 18, 2012
I had the phone plugged into a charger. I shut it down, then I powered it back on. It went to the lock screen, and it wasn't reacting to my swiping. Then it immediately turned off, and now nothing is happening. lol

What in the hell...

Also, I did not root the phone or anything.

Ok, I have also been trying the other charger idea, but it showed no signs of life at first.

However, now when the cell phone is plugged into the charger, a red blinking light occurs after holding the power down for about 10 seconds. This is only when it's on the charger, and this is the only sign of life I'm getting out of it.

Upvote 0
Okay, that tells me that the battery is (almost) completely discharged (or if you broke a mirror over a black cat under a ladder, completely failed). Leave it off the charger overnight and then plug it in again in the morning. If there's a residual charge in the electronics it should dissipate in a few hours hopefully and cause the phone to reboot next time you plug it in.

Reactions: xpizzerx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones