Bricked Nexus 4???Support

1. xpizzerx

xpizzerx Member

I had the phone plugged into a charger. I shut it down, then I powered it back on. It went to the lock screen, and it wasn't reacting to my swiping. Then it immediately turned off, and now nothing is happening. lol

What in the hell...

Also, I did not root the phone or anything.

Advertisement
  2. Krunk83

Krunk83 Well-Known Member

Hold the power down for at least 10 seconds. What does it do? If that doesn't work try holding power and volume down. That should take you to the bootloader screen. From there you can go into recovery and factory reset.
  3. xpizzerx

xpizzerx Member

Tried both already, no go.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I'd try plugging it into a different charger to see if you get a response from the phone. That behavior is indicative of a dead battery.
  5. xpizzerx

xpizzerx Member

Ok, I have also been trying the other charger idea, but it showed no signs of life at first.

However, now when the cell phone is plugged into the charger, a red blinking light occurs after holding the power down for about 10 seconds. This is only when it's on the charger, and this is the only sign of life I'm getting out of it.
  6. lunatic59

Okay, that tells me that the battery is (almost) completely discharged (or if you broke a mirror over a black cat under a ladder, completely failed). Leave it off the charger overnight and then plug it in again in the morning. If there's a residual charge in the electronics it should dissipate in a few hours hopefully and cause the phone to reboot next time you plug it in.
    xpizzerx likes this.
  7. xpizzerx

xpizzerx Member

Ok, I'm assuming the same thing. I was just looking at a thread on XDA that was very similar to this. The phone was on a charger all night though.

But I will try that. Thanks.
  8. Krunk83

Krunk83 Well-Known Member

You sir have the red light of death. I suggest you RMA it. This happened to my friend.
  9. xpizzerx

xpizzerx Member

Just plugged it in after letting it sit all night. Doesn't seem to have helped, but I'll let it charge a little longer.

What's RMA? I have T-Mobile's Handset Protection, but I think I still have to pay a $150 deductible or something.
  10. lunatic59

RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization. It's what they give you when returning faulty products.

I would agree, if it just stopped working, then it's a hardware problem and should be replaced under warranty.
    kingdeeray likes this.