Bricked Phone?

Last Updated:

1. ralphtrent

ralphtrent Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello
    I have installed the new update from motorola and root with superoneclick. that worked, but when I went to put the new gingerbread keyboard on my phone using the info at D-L.com, my phone will not get past the M screen. I can not boot in to recovery because I think the new update does not allow you to. I needed to manually reinstall clockworkmod reovery each time. NOW my phone will not boot. RDL lite does not help either.

What am I to do? Im sure there HAS to be a way to fix this.

PLEASE HELP

Advertisement
  2. ralphtrent

Here is an update. I am using a FRG22 2.2 (but remember i have the FRG83 update, i grabbing at staws I think) SBF file. When I run RSDLite, it says 100%, please manually power up this phone. It will not turn on when I manually power it up, it just stays at the M. I have also held down * and # and power. that brings me to the SPFrecovery console, but I do not thing that is helping me at all.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

3. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

Have you tried to power up while holding the X button?

4. ralphtrent

Yes that just shows the ! in the yellow square.

5. ralphtrent

The sad thing is I have backup of my phone before I did this, I just have no way of restoring since it was made with ClockWork

6. ralphtrent

I think I am back in progress. Now since I have been at this for a while, I have read many forums where people have encountered the same issue, got it resolved, but never said what they did, I refuse to be one of those people :). here is what I did.

I have already installed RDSLite 4.6 and the Motorola drivers.
    I then found an FRG22D SBF file (Size is 146,788 KB [http://rescue.macleod-web.net/, click on the SBF folder and then you will see the file, FRG22D.sbf])
    I used this file as my SBF file in RSD Lite and I successfully got my phone back.