Bricked PrevailSupport

Last Updated:

1. ITJ

ITJ Well-Known Member

Ok i installed the ShabbyMod - 0.9 or 0.8 both versions and they worked great. I found this honey comb theme i wanted but it said it required CWR. so I figured out how to install that through rom manager and while installing i selected the wrong phone b/c mine wasn't listed, well it said installation successful and rebooted the phone. now the phone wont do a damn thing. Nothing....i've tried so many things...odin....adk..Is the phone dead forever?? PLEASE HELP!

here's the links i still have

2. Dandnj1

Dandnj1 Well-Known Member

as far as I have read no one has found a fix for a brick from using Rom Manager ..
  3. ITJ

ITJ Well-Known Member

I contacted samsung and they seemed very happy to fix my phone, since it's still covered under warranty. Strangely enough, rooting the phone does not void a warranty FYI.
  4. blue2107

blue2107 Well-Known Member

Yeah Rom manager will kill this phone dead. Cause it's not currently supported. All theme's should be flashed through "Recovery Mode" only AFTER you've used Odin to flash the "Clockwork Mod".

The Clockwork Mod is basically just a custom recovery mode that allows you to flash kernels, themes, ect...

It has almost no relation to Rom Manager.
  5. ITJ

ITJ Well-Known Member

I installed the CyanogenMod 7.1 on my Prevail and it's running pretty smooth. Only thing i miss is being able to change my home screen and add more desktop screens. other than that it's tits.
  6. Nvignaroli

Nvignaroli New Member

7. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member Contributor

This is strange seeing as altering the phones OS are grounds for voiding the warranty . Hmmm , I don't know about others but I'm not gonna ever try sending in a rooted phone unless I just absolutely have to . :)
  8. ITJ

ITJ Well-Known Member