• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked S2

robin321

Lurker
Nov 20, 2014
Hello there,
The other day my S2 Meteor network (Irish) began to turn itself off etc. and it got stuck in the loop.
I managed to start it in safe mode and do a reset and this fixed the problem, once. I tried soft and hard resets, which gave me no joy. When I went into the menu from holding UP Button, Home Button and Power Button, to try and wipe the phone, it froze on that menu before I could select "Wipe Device." Now it won't even get into that menu, it's just stuck on the loop. I can however get into "Download Mode."
I bought this phone second hand about 3 weeks ago and it had been perfect the first week.
I have not done anything to the software etc.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hello there,
The other day my S2 Meteor network (Irish) began to turn itself off etc. and it got stuck in the loop.
I managed to start it in safe mode and do a reset and this fixed the problem, once. I tried soft and hard resets, which gave me no joy. When I went into the menu from holding UP Button, Home Button and Power Button, to try and wipe the phone, it froze on that menu before I could select "Wipe Device." Now it won't even get into that menu, it's just stuck on the loop. I can however get into "Download Mode."
I bought this phone second hand about 3 weeks ago and it had been perfect the first week.
I have not done anything to the software etc.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums robin321! :)

Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your Galaxy S2.

Your best bet at this stage is to download and flash the latest stock Samsung firmware for Meteor, Ireland, here is the link..

Model: GT-I9100

Model name: GALAXY S II

Version: Android 4.1.2

Changelist: 1211311

Build date: Thu, 16 May 2013 00:42:01 +0000

Product Code: MET

PDA: I9100XWLSW

CSC: I9100METLS2

MODEM: I9100XXMS2

You can do this by carefully reading and following the instructions and video contained in #1.7 of
Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones