• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bricked Samsung Intercept for Sprint (flashed to Boost)

pmains

Lurker
Aug 18, 2011
I bought a Samsung Intercept a few months ago that now appears to be more or less bricked. I was using my Twitter app, when the phone froze. After waiting for a while, I took the battery out. Now, when my phone boots up, it says that it has 0.00B of available space in "Internal phone storage." I don't see any of my apps. The lack of storage prevents me from installing Astro File Manager (to back up my data and system folders) or Universal Androot. When I try to access the phone using ADB as root, it tells me that the root user doesn't exist. So, I'm in an infinite loop trying to root the phone.

When I boot into recovery, I get ClockWorkMod v 2.5.1.0 recovery. I look in file manager, and all of the APKs for my apps are there. I go to Backup/Restore, and select TAR backup for both my system and data folder. I don't know where these TARs are located, though. I would like to be able to verify that these are on my SD card before flashing my phone.

Also, when I flash my phone, I'm not really sure how to do that part. As noted above, I don't appear to have root privileges and any new apps I try to install won't install due to the lack of space. (ADB says that I have 30% of my system partition available.)

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys,

I did a factory reset after performing a tar backup of data and system from recovery mode. Following this, I could see all of my old apps, but not my contacts. This wouldn't be an issue, except that I seem to be missing some important contacts that didn't get synced with gmail for whatever reason.

Luckily, I had my old phone sitting on the shelf with all of my missing contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones