• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked? (Tried brick tutorial)

potsey2007

Lurker
Nov 19, 2009
Ok so I may have messed up my Droid. I put on cyanogenmod 5.0.5.3 last night and had everything running smoothly until I tried to put on a metamorph theme. I tried a 2.01 theme which in hindsight was a very dumb thing to try but i figured it would just spit out an error if it did not like it. Well needless to say, it was a barrage of force closes and i tried to restore an old rom. I ended up wiping the phone preparing for the new rom but when i was about to load the old rom back on, the battery ran out. Now when I plug into the wall the moto symbol pops up like it is turning on but is stuck there and the charging indicator does not light up. I had it plugged in overnight and it did not make any progress. Plugging into usb causes the charging light to come on for a few minutes then it ends up on the moto screen also and the charging light turns off. If I could I would just try to do the tutorial for bricked phones but when I try that it says battery is low, cannot program.

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones