Bricked? (Tried brick tutorial)

Last Updated:

1. potsey2007

potsey2007 Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I may have messed up my Droid. I put on cyanogenmod 5.0.5.3 last night and had everything running smoothly until I tried to put on a metamorph theme. I tried a 2.01 theme which in hindsight was a very dumb thing to try but i figured it would just spit out an error if it did not like it. Well needless to say, it was a barrage of force closes and i tried to restore an old rom. I ended up wiping the phone preparing for the new rom but when i was about to load the old rom back on, the battery ran out. Now when I plug into the wall the moto symbol pops up like it is turning on but is stuck there and the charging indicator does not light up. I had it plugged in overnight and it did not make any progress. Plugging into usb causes the charging light to come on for a few minutes then it ends up on the moto screen also and the charging light turns off. If I could I would just try to do the tutorial for bricked phones but when I try that it says battery is low, cannot program.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Take the battery out for a few minutes and reinsert it. Then give it one more try plugged into the wall (not the USB port). See what happens. I seriously doubt you are bricked. If you know anyone else with a Droid, borrow their battery to perform your flash operations if recharging doesn't help.

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

can you boot into recovery at all by holding x as it boots up or does it stay at the M screen no matter what you do?

4. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

What Neil said should work. Droids tend to act funny when they run out of battery; usually, you have to plug it into the wall charger to get it to work again. I dunno what happens, maybe the USB port doesn't provide enough juice or something...

5. potsey2007

potsey2007 Member This Topic's Starter

I am unable to do that but I will try taking the battery out for several minutes since I have not tried that yet. Thanks!

6. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

These phones are pretty indestructible. The only way I know to kill a Droid is by not paying your Verizon bill.