• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked X (for now)

dverplank

Lurker
Jul 23, 2010
So i deleted some things i should not have. I used the system dump and renamed it to app and pushed the whole thing to my phone. Now the phone will begin to bootup - get to the eye and bootloop. Is their an update.zip out there that will work? At this point I don't see anyway to access the root because I can't boot up to use adb (right?) PLEASE HELP

try safe mode?

Not sure sure if the X has the same thing as the Incredible where sometimes you get adb works in recovery but it may be worth checking out.

Not sure what to tell you, maybe a factory reset from recovery would work, tho I don't think that touches the /system folder...

Upvote 0
Bummer, dude...I don't know what you can do...:(

This is a good cautionary tale for folks that enable root access to be very careful since you can't (yet) install a custom recovery and/or make a Nandroid backup to protect yourself from something like this.

thats why i can't bring myself to buy this phone even though i want to. i'm hoping someone is able to flash a custom recovery. when i rooted my dinc i didn't remove system apps until unrevoked came out with the recovery reflash tool a few weeks later and i could make a nandroid backup. you are really playing with fire removing things without a safety net and i think a lot of people don't realize this. good luck op and other guy with bricked x hope you guys figure something out soon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones