Bricked X--HELPSupport

Last Updated:

1. ninefall

ninefall Member This Topic's Starter

was trying to go back to 2.1 from 2.2. RSD flash failed, had to unplug phone. Now the bootloader screen says CODE CORRUPT and Cannot Program. I can only get this message when plugged into the wall charger. If i plug into USB to PC i get just a green light where the power light is.....any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Advertisement
  2. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

can you get into recovery? (power + home, then hit search when the droid guy pops up). if you can, try that and try to do another wipe, then try to boot into bootloader again (without the phone plugged in to anything)

3. ninefall

NOPE, power+home takes me right to the corrupt bootloader screen. thats all the further i can get

4. sund0wn

sund0wn Well-Known Member

yeah, i figured. i've been googling it and i am beginning to understand the problem. when you plug it into usb, does RSD even recognize that there is a phone plugged in?

5. wharpig

wharpig Well-Known Member

Sounds like you X has become a paper weight. You might be able to take it into a verizon store and see if they can replace it....just dont tell them what you did, they replaced my orig Droid when my phone wouldnt turn on...it was rooted and overclocked...

6. ninefall

RSD wont recognize it whatsoever. Cant do a warranty on it because im an employee of vzw. thank god for insurance

7. wharpig

wharpig Well-Known Member

So since you work at VZW you dont get a warranty? that sucks, when i worked for a local phone company I got free phones....and if one broke i got another free one, but I worked in IT.

8. ninefall

i get a warranty but as an employee its not worth dealing with the hassle of explaining why my phone is stuck in a corrupt bootloader mode

9. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Yikes! :( This is the reason I'm avoiding downgrading to 2.1... I've never had to use the .sbf (yet... I guess i'm lucky) but I'd rather avoid it while I can. I'm sure I'll have to use it eventually, given how much I like to tinker with my phone.

Have you tried this? (from droidforums.net-- Unbricking Your Droid X - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum)

10. VDubBugMan53

VDubBugMan53 Well-Known Member

11. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

Yeah well there's more to the article. Thats only if your battery is dead while you get the code corrupt error. If its not, then maybe the rest of the article may be helpful. IDK if the OP had tried the first steps or not.

12. ninefall

i came across it about an half hour ago.....by far the most ghetto thing i have ever done. i was a little nervous about doing it. but all be damned it worked. stripped a usb cable down, connected the pos and neg to the 2 terminals on the droid, threw the battery in and she fired right up. phone is back to flashing in rsd which is good. think everything is gonna be good. appreciate the help from everyone by the way.

13. paul89

paul89 Well-Known Member

wow lmao I hope I never have to do that hahahahaha

14. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Reading what you had to do frightened me a little bit. Glad everything seems to have worked out. That thread saved you some money for sure. Gotta love these forums.

15. DrWurm

DrWurm Well-Known Member

As an electrical engineering student, I love stories about almost destroying expensive electronic devices and then doing something incredibly ghetto to fix them.

I once accidentally broke two pins off my desktop's AMD processor. After freaking out appropriately ("Oh, f&#* me! Oooooh f&#* ME!"), I went and yanked out the Pentium 4 from my old Gateway, cut off a couple of its pins, dropped them into the respective mobo pin holes, replaced the processor, took a deep breath, and turned the computer on. That was 4 years ago. Desktop still runs great.

Jason

16. saphilip

saphilip Member

good story in this thread :)

glad everything worked out

17. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

LOL FOUR years and STILL running! Cool story.

@OP glad things worked out for you.
    :)

18. Candroid

Candroid Well-Known Member

what an incredible story!!! The saving of an X! I am teary eyed!!! escaped into the wild, brought back to safety!!!

19. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Well-Known Member

glad to hear it worked but couldnt you just leave the phone plugged in until it charged OR charge the battery on one of the battery chargers sold on ebay? just a thought

20. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Dude.. did you read my guide..

Go look for it on the main page. It has a video to walk you through step by step.

All the best,
    Eric

21. dguy

dguy Well-Known Member

Please don't encourage fraud. If a user is messing around with leaked roms and stuff like this, they should know very well what the risks are and that they are not covered under warranty. Abuse of the return system is the reason these phones are so expensive in the first place.

deadinside likes this.
  22. Eloquence

Eloquence Well-Known Member

Great story ninefall!

Had a similar experience over the weekend -- pretty much bricked my Droid X too, but I was fortunate that I didn't have a corrupt bootloader on top of it! I think I would have @$%! my pants. :mad:

RSDLite DID NOT work for me. It was all about Linux and the command line that saved my phone from the land of the brick! ;)

My little story is that I tried to update Friday night, put SU command into xbin folder instead of copying it, tried the update that wouldn't work since I rooted and deleted City ID.apk and resulted in a Moto symbol staring me in the face for an hour. I was so pissed -- so I took it out on my fianc

23. Grad

Grad Well-Known Member

Dear God I hope I don't have to do anything like this when the official Froyo comes out. My phone is running great but I admit it will suck if I have to downgrade to 2.1 in order to do the official 2.2 update.

24. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Apparently when it's corrupt like that the battery doesn't charge when plugged in. Op could have gotten a battery charger but he would've had to wait for it to come before evem knowing if his X could be saved.

25. amber438

amber438 Member

Being a network engineer, that gave me hot flashes all over..LOL..
    :p