• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

dpwguenther

Jan 20, 2012
Hi, I just bricked my phone restoring a backup , its completely bricked, but when i plug it into the pc, a driver install window pops up and says "Android Composite ADB Interface Installed" does anyone know what this means? is there a way i can fix my phone? any thought would be really helpful , thanks!!!

Having the same issue please help. :p

It's the QHUSB LOADER issue I'm pretty sure. Black screen after booting. All I can do is:

-S/W Upgrading boot (Vol DN + Vol UP + Power)
-Recovery (Vol Dn + Power )
-Flash gingerbread PDL (but it does not reboot after and constantly boots to red S/W upgrading
-Flash ICS PDL via Pantech PC ICS Update (Gets stuck at boot as I mentioned above on black screen)

I have surmised that this is caused by the cache and data partitions being corrupted from a 6.x CWM version on ROM manager... :< This from a factory reset in it.

Upvote 0
Hi, I just bricked my phone restoring a backup , its completely bricked, but when i plug it into the pc, a driver install window pops up and says "Android Composite ADB Interface Installed" does anyone know what this means? is there a way i can fix my phone? any thought would be really helpful , thanks!!!

to answer your problem if you have access to adb you can likely restore the phone to working condition. on your computer search and download the android sdk. that will give you the drivers needed for the adb interface. once you have completed that let me know and i will help you further.

as to you livehifi i got disconnected from chat last night and havn't been able to get back on. thats why i don't like freenode as a base for the irc channel. i meant to talk with a few people about your problem thats more experienced than i am about the partitions on the phone and possible repair for you, so don't give up just yet. we are advancing on what we can do with the phone just slow since theres not much interest in it since its not htc, motorola, samsung, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones