Bricked

1. RandyLane

RandyLane Member

So my buddys esteem only boots into recovery, as soon as the phone turns on it goes straight in. I've tried reflashing #2 but still the same result. Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. D0VeR

D0VeR Well-Known Member

Get a new buddy.
    One with a working esteem.
    Then we can all play words with friends all day long.
    Friends come and go, but in the right hands... the esteem will last forever.
    Don't thank me, just pay it forward.
    Your welcome!
  3. D0VeR

D0VeR Well-Known Member

What I meant was...

Can you tell me what the last thing your bud did before phone went boom?

.... Hopefully not a F D R ?
  4. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

put this on your external SD card and flash it like you would a ROM then reboot, it should take you out of recoveryhttp://db.tt/jvJ1fqlb
    RandyLane likes this.
  5. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

shame on you... SHaaame on you... SHAAAAAAAME ON YOU...:aetsch: True the Esteem is one durable phone. though I just bought the LG Spirit 4g
  6. D0VeR

D0VeR Well-Known Member

I think the link is down bud
  7. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

Will be getting my LG Spirit 4g later today when I get some time. What do you think of it so far. I've seen in a few reviews showing that it's clocked at 1.5ghz though Metro & LG says 1.2ghz. Seems very solid... can't wait. :D

http://androidforums.com/lg-spirit-4g/684758-quadrant-benchmark-results.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dozqDbiETo
  8. mjlove209

mjlove209 Well-Known Member

I would have bought it already only if it had 2 of ram more internl space instead of 4 and if the camera was 8mp. But the phone looks sick
  9. GameTheory

GameTheory Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah. I hear you on that... but I need a second phone to tinker with so I don't mess up my SGS 3. For $199 this one will fit that need nicely. :D
  10. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

try it now, something was up with android forums
  11. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

I like it so far.. miss rooting though. not really any support for it yet. I don't care for the power button being on the side and the white menu back ground. It's really snappy though. And soooooooooooooo thin
    GameTheory likes this.
  12. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

the Esteme has a 5mp camera also, and the 4 gb is a legit 4gb, not like the Esteme's not so 8gb, the great thing about most androids is the expandable memory
  13. RandyLane

RandyLane Member

Unfortunately that zip dd not work :/ Also, it was bricked when metro tried to flash that beast to unlock it.
  14. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

metro flashed what to unlock it?

have you tried re rooting it?

if it is on zvc try updating it to zvd
  15. RandyLane

RandyLane Member

The kid didnt really know exactly what happened, he said first his radios quit working so I'm assuming thats what they were flashing at metro. I'm not sure why i said unlock lol. But i can't reroot it because i can only access recovery.
  16. fullbloodedmut

fullbloodedmut Well-Known Member Contributor

wen my esteem was in the clockworkmod boot loop,no matter wat choice i decided to go to ,nothing was there,so there is times wen people cant put exitrecovry on there fone,so i just called and said my fone was damaged and gt a new one the next day,oh by the way my so called friend soaked his fone in a cup of water for over 24hrs and the damn thing still boot looped cwm recovery,go figure
  17. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

have you tried the update tool?
  18. RandyLane

RandyLane Member

I wish i could, the phone has to be able to boot in order for me to conenct to the LG mobile update tool.
  19. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

That is true can you get the device in download mode
  20. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

maybe PM gbiggie, he's gotten a lot of people out of this issue.
  21. RandyLane

RandyLane Member

Ok so i got this figured out, i redownloaded that exit recovery zip file from earlier and it worked this time and got me out of recovery so i wiped it, reflashed #2 and then i realized what the original issue was... Test mode! So i followed the exit test mode guide and we are back to normal. Thanks for the help everyone!
  22. bnb25

bnb25 Well-Known Member

Awesome dude, welcome back tot he world of the working phones! haha :dancing: