• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked!!!????

Notch8864

Lurker
Apr 5, 2015
So I tried to flash a custom ROM and now my droid bionic whenever I start it, goes to a screen that says "ENCRYPTION UNSUCCESSFUL. Encryption was interupted and can't complete. As a result, the data from your phone is no longer accessible.

To resume using your phone, you need to perform a factory reset. When you set up your phone after the reset, you'll have an opportunity to restore any data that was backed up to your Google Account."

Then below that, there is a button that says "Reset Phone" and so when I press it, my phone shuts down like it says, and it goes to this screen with an android guy who has a polygon spinning inside his stomachs and a gear behind him on his back, this then leads me to another start up screen which goes to the normal launch screen with that loud noise and engine which then leads me back to the screen that I was just trying to get rid of... What do I do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones