bricking my droid.

Last Updated:

1. gallandof

gallandof Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

with all these claims about bricked droids, I decided I am going to try and actually fully brick one of my droids, (unplugging during RSD doesnt count:p) so any advice or anything like tha ton some things to try to brick my droid?

Advertisement
  2. MaxPacker

MaxPacker Well-Known Member

Have fun.

Don't you have a little brother/cousin or someone that might want it? Before you try to ruin it, I mean.

3. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

I've tried, it is impossible. :p

I've never tried unplugging during an RSD Lite flash though. And honestly, I don't think that would even do anything (BUT DON'T TRY IT AND THEN BLAME ME). I mean, it doesn't touch the bootloader so couldn't you just boot back into the bootloader and do another flash?

Hehe, post #1337.

4. gallandof

only child, and i have 3 moto droids so i figure one can be my test mule. only thing i can thing of that may break it is installing an old recovery and trying some of the newer roms, and just installing rom after rom withno wipes.

5. gallandof

hmm lets see if I can get an update.zip file from a nexus 1 for gingerbread and throw that at my phone too:p

6. MaxPacker

MaxPacker Well-Known Member

I've seen a few posts on the intrawebs of people falsely assuming that different ROMs work on different phones, but even on the Droid I think it recovers. It's amazing that there's even a work around a failed RSD Lite flashing; you would think that would be the end all be all for a phone.

I want to say I saw someone try to install a Nexus 1 ROM on a Droid a long time ago, but was just having "problems." Perhaps the easiest way to try to brick it would be to try to install the latest 2.3 Nexus 1 ROM. But this thing is a tank.

With the exception of the battery door, that is. :p If you do manage to brick it, and have no use for it, please kindly send me your battery cover. :)

7. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Haha, I'd risk bricking my D1 to get rid of the train wreck that is Froyo. ;)