Bricking my phoneGeneral

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. myom

myom Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,
    After the two 2.1 updates on my eris, my signal/service has been horrendous. I'm not able to make calls/send texts in I'd say 40-50% of the time, and I've tried everything people have been saying to do to fix the signal strength problem. Sooo, is bricking my phone a solution to get a refurbished or new phone? I'd rather just stick with 1.5 than have horrible signals all the time, or root it (bc it's undoable). Any input?

Btw, how does Asurion work?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

I'd cry if I had any tears left to shed.

3. hlaalu

hlaalu Well-Known Member

do they even take bricked phones back?

4. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

I would try the roll-back-to-1.5 in the root section, then bring it in to VZW. If it is under warrenty still they should take it back. If not, it is too late for insurance.
    Good luck!

5. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

Just call them up and tell them that you are having signal issues and whatever else. Don't mention that you are on 2.1 and they should just send you a replacement then you can send your phone back.

6. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Step 1: Set phone down on driveway.

Step 2: Get BIG brick.

Step 3: Hold brick over your head and drop it on the phone.

Step 4: Phone is now bricked. Take it to store, insurance should cover that.

Step 5: Don't void warranty on next phone unless you wanna deal with the consequences.

7. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Good idea...because it's their fault that you installed a leaked version and it didn't work out.

8. korben dallas

korben dallas Well-Known Member

Just skip to step 2 then step 2.5 and drop brick on head!

Kevkelsar, thetomlin2 and Caddyman like this.
  9. carmendiva

carmendiva Well-Known Member

wow@the post above me

Run over your phone with your car and pay the 90 dollar deductible to get a new eris

I actually got this idea from the customer service rep i talked to today

10. alprazolam

Carmen...I'd say that if you are willing to pay $90 just to go back to 1.5 then I'm not sure what to say there. Some people have been getting brand new phones from Asurion but I've gotten nothing but crap from them in the past. I'd rather try my best to stick to my new phone.

11. SirEagle

SirEagle Well-Known Member

This is more of the screwed up thinking in the world today. They did not hold a gun to his head and threaten to pull the trigger if he didn't install the leak. People need to take responsibility for what they do. No one made him do it. He installed the leak himself under his own free will and thinking. He did it and no one else is to blame.

12. jxnrxy

jxnrxy Well-Known Member

yea he installed the leak big deal, his phone doesn't work now...WHY WOULD YOU KEEP A NON-WORKING PHONE BECAUSE YOU TOOK A CHANCE? That would make nooo sense to think in your head, oh this is my fault i guess i'll just try to use my broken phone. That'd be dumb...what is wrong with some of you being so negative...you've never had a phone that you didn't like or wasn't working right and thought, i want to get a new or different one? Well you chose that phone now live with the decision. NO...if his phone isn't working can you blame him for wondering how to get a new one? just because he installed the leak he's not allowed to have a working phone now? like we all haven't made some regretful or bad decisions in our life...oh i forgot you're perfect

if verizon/ htc would just release the update already this wouldn't be an issue.

13. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

He doesn't like it anymore because of the risk he accepted when installing the leak. If anyone isn't willing to accept the possibility of adverse reactions to unofficial software releases, well, then they should just sit and wait for it to come out officially.

Sure, everyone makes decisions they regret in life. People shoot other people...stab other people. You can't undo those actions. Pull your head out of your ass and think before you do something.

Accept the fact that you installed software knowing it might have bugs/issues. If that was too much to deal with you shouldn't have done it in the first place. This thread is clearly asking ways to commit fraud and I cannot believe it's still open. Consider it reported and hopefully closed soon.

14. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

I love how you guys are conspiring how to work the system.. pretty uncool if you ask me.

15. LiverpoolsNo9

LiverpoolsNo9 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

16. alprazolam

Yeah....so no...none of us are perfect and aren't claiming it. I've made many financial mistakes in my life and I had to eat crow and pay for them. I have lived with phones that sucked and when I got up the money or the upgrade or both, I swapped. I didn't slam my phone into a wall to get another. It was my fault...I wasn't going to work the system in an illegal way to right my wrong. That thinking didn't even cross my mind.

17. jxnrxy

jxnrxy Well-Known Member

wow we've gotten to the point where we're comparing this to shooting and stabbing people! common haha i'm pretty sure it's not against the law

18. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

How is this thread still open? Shouldn't it get an auto lock for asking how to commit insurance fraud?

19. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

Actually, it is insurance fraud and it is against the law. Is it on the same level as burning your house down because you can't pay the mortgage or having your car stolen by someone because you want a new one? No, but is the same concept. The only real difference is the dollar amounts involved.

ThorSkaagi likes this.
  20. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

I'd close it if I could... a higher up staff member will as soon as they get the report.

ThorSkaagi likes this.
  21. smacky

smacky Banned

It is Thanksgiving for ThorSkaagi it seems. Thankful for every post.

22. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Not mine:(

23. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

To clarify what others have said:

Android Forums will not encourage or condone fraud. That means that requesting or offering advice on how to defraud carriers/resellers is not allowed either.

/closed

00smurf likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.