• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Brightest Flashlight Free™: spying on us

jefgoddam

Lurker
Dec 28, 2011
I tried it out along with two others: 'Tiny Flashlight + LED' and 'Color Flashlight HD'. I measured little difference. That is once I matched the colors [read color temperatures] across the apps. It stands to reason doesn't it, there is the same amount of voltage/current available, you cannot swap your actual screen out, you aren't actually getting a different LED installed. The only difference is if the app selects less that 100% (that would just be stupid) and color of output. I noticed that it is huge app with a seemingly tiny purpose. *** 'Brightest Flashlight Free' has permission to read your contact list; find your exact location and send info. to 'persons unknown'.*** Ask yourself: why would this be hidden inside your flashlight. It's about the [Android] Market took a leaf out of Google's book with: "don't be evil'

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones