Brightness Adjustment IssueSupport

Last Updated: 2012-09-18 18:40:22
  1. Redrover82

Redrover82 New Member

Hey all!

I have been combing the forums with an issue about brightness. Recently, my photon got wet. It's got an ottercase, and I had immediately wiped it & removed the battery.

A few days later it's up and running beautifully, but the display is dim. The auto brightness is not working, and upon trying to manually brighten it... it doesn't go beyond about 50%.

Anything?

Advertisement
  2. Redrover82

Redrover82 New Member

Sooooo.... not that anyone here cares..... but - I'm assuming the lcd screen is shot. Thanks for the lack of help!! Wooo!!!
  3. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Wow, a little relaxation first...It's possible many people have moved on and upgraded to different phones. The Photon is over a year old already and the activity has died down since it was first released.

Nontheless, the problem sounds to be more with the proximity sensor rather than the actual LCD screen. The proximity sensor is what identifies how much light the display needs. If you've already cleaned your screen off thoroughly, I'd suggest taking the phone into Sprint to see if they can identify why the auto-brightness is not functioning properly.
    damewolf13 likes this.