Brightness and volume issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. rootminusone

rootminusone New Member This Topic's Starter

First off, I have to say that the Captivate is my first smart phone and I am blown away by the hardware and the Android system. I've been using the phone constantly since I got it.

Now, I only have two major complaints at this point. I've been monitoring the nifty Battery Usage screen in the Settings application, and I've noticed that the screen generally uses 65% of my battery. Now, I think the screen is pretty bright, and is usually brighter than I need it to be, even when I turn off auto-brightness and dial it down to the lowest setting. Does anyone know of a way to lower it further? That would probably save a lot of battery life.

Second, I am very sensitive and even the lowest media volume setting is too (EDIT) HIGH for me when I use the included headphones. Anyone way to lower that control too?

Thanks for your help everyone!

Advertisement
  2. beertha

beertha Active Member

I asked the very same question yesterday about "the brightness being too bright and if possible to lower it more than settings allow". I got some reply about downloading a brightness widget app or something, so I am here to back you up on youre request to make an app or mod to "lower the brightness more than default lowest setting"

Not only will that help watch movies in darkness but also help with the battery savings.

Dont be surprised if someone still tells you to download a brightness widget app or something :cool:- I think we better take this request to the XDA Developer forums...

3. AWD_Dan

AWD_Dan New Member

I too am surprised that there isn't more discussion about this. I had purchased an htc aria originally before the captivate and I liked that the screen went really dark when surfing in bed before falling asleep. The captivate on its lowest setting is very bright still.

Same with volume...one click up from silent is just a bit too loud for notch 1. Ican only speculate there may have been a maximum range for both, and development chose brighter and louder. No complaints at the opposite end of the spectrum! ;-)

This post died quick, but if any new developments or even app sugestions arise, please post them, or links here.

Thanks!

4. tyte

tyte Well-Known Member

to change max and min volume .. you need to enter the service menu with the code and change on of the volume settings... my max volume wasn't loud enough so i increased it a little bit.. i haven't touched the min settings though

5. AWD_Dan

AWD_Dan New Member

And how would one enter the service mode to change these settings? Link perhaps?

6. trido

trido Member

I found this *#197328640# but have no idea what to change etc.

trido

7. bhulku123

bhulku123 Member

Just swipe left or right across the top bar for brightness control.
    Hope this helps.

artvandalay22222 and n7slc like this.
  8. tyte

tyte Well-Known Member

simulator and AWD_Dan like this.
  9. AWD_Dan

AWD_Dan New Member

Thanks tyte!! Much appreciated

Bhulku: I do know how to change the brightness and volume settings onthe phone, nneither one goes low enough for my liking

10. kpdroid#1

kpdroid#1 Member

What about the Aria and it's volume control? Does anyone happen to have any problems with it being to soft for I would like to know how to turn the volume up past the settings. Thanks

11. MechArm1

MechArm1 Member

which one of those commands will raise the "ringer" "speaker phone" "vibration force" and "notification settings" louder than default. . . . .

I'm loving this new phone I just think I need all those things to be able to go louder . . . .

Notifications of texts and stuff are almost impossible to hear in my pocket, the vibrate is almost useless . . . . .any help on those thing would be cool

Maybe an app, that raises all the levels?

thanks

12. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member

I just discovered this nifty app for lowering the brightness past the levels allowed by the phone itself:

Screen Filter

It even has a Locale/Tasker plugin!