• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Brightness Control - Auto or Manual?

I'm a manual girl. I just use the Quick Settings app from the market to change it if I am in bright sunlight. Didn't like the auto setting on it. A weird little proviso is that don't have it manually set to 100% because it seems to not let you go that high without dimming it back, 95% brightness is fine. I know there was a thread on this somewhere but can't remember if it was here, on SE's own forum or XDA!

Upvote 0
Back to the topic. I prefer manual, i think automatic takes the fun out of everything. (Now who has a smutty mind?;))
lol, I am glad my question provided some entertainment :D.

I have been using auto since last night, will have to see if it takes fun out ;)

Unfortunately I forgot to put the phone on the charger last night, so I cannot tell the the difference in battery, if any.

Upvote 0
I like to keep mine on auto, but bare in mind i live in England where there is no sun...
Lol, come on now, I spent a week last Spring in Kent, and the weather was beautiful and sunny evey day.
I did keep mine on manual as my one seemed to hunt the whole time and the screen would just flicker bright and dark not by much but enough to annoy me.
I am not seeing a flicker but it is dimmer than how I had it and will take some time getting used to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones