Brightness keeps resettingSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mr Mufakka

Mr Mufakka Member This Topic's Starter

So I've been doing some thing to save battery life, one of which is to turn the brightness all of the way down. However, it seems like it won't stay all of the way down. I haven't confirmed this but it appears to turn itself back up after being plugged in to a charger. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. andy-roid

andy-roid Well-Known Member

have you got it set to auto

3. Mr Mufakka

Mr Mufakka Member This Topic's Starter

No. It's not on auto.

4. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

I suspect you are inadvertantly using a feature of TouchWiz - if your brightness is not set to auto then the notification bar at the top functions as a brightness changing slider. You're probably turning the brightness up when you pull down the tray.

I really this feature for the ability to tailor my brightness quickly, without wasting screen real estate for a widget...

micstewart likes this.
  5. sahityasahay

sahityasahay New Member

have been using the note for past one week. i m facing a similar problem with the brightness. i keep brightness at the lowest with automatic option turned off. in mycase, "sometimes" after i make a phone call, the brightness jumps back to medium.
    its not the because of accidentally hitting the notification bar area from where one can toggle the brightness. because every time the brightness increases to the exact medium level.
    any kind of feedback and help would be of a great use. i am assuming it could be a software bug which after the next update should get fixed