Brightness Level

Last Updated:

1. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm about to root my phone in a couple of hours (wish me luck) and i'm wondering if the battery life is still good even after you put your brightness level to maximum. Currently i have it on the lowest setting so things could get pretty dull whenever i'm in a lighted area. this also saves my battery life cuz when i put it at half the brightness or it's maximum, the battery goes bye bye in seconds! my question is will this affect the battery at all on a rooted phone at the highest settings, and wha brightness settings are you using in regards to your battery for your rooted phone?

Advertisement
  2. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Battery life after at least flashing a ROM and custom kernel should improve greatly, depending on the rOM.

With Fresh1.1, I still used the auto-brightness, just because it worked pretty well for me. If you put it on half you should still get pretty good battery life, at least a full day.

I can get 18 hours out of my battery easily, with the auto-bright on, and since I charge it every night that's all I've ever really checked. It's usually not below 50% by that point, so I would assume I could get a good 30+ hours of moderate use out of a charge on Fresh 1.1 with gumbo kernel.

Now, on the new cyanogen-like 2.0.1 ROM, I've barely managed 12 hours of pretty much no use on a single charge. It's been off the charger for about 11 hours, and I'm down to 12%, and I think that's just a major drawback of this ROM at the moment, something is keeping the phone from sleeping, and I haven't looked to see what it is yet (pretty sure it's mobile network not going dormant). That's with brightness at like half, and the screen hasn't been on much all day, so I'm going to have to take a look at that sometime.

But, basically, if you flash one of the 1.5 ROM's, you should get great battery life (18+ hours on moderate use), no matter what your brightness settings are.

3. androidtp

wow that is so crazy man. i'm kinda scared to do this cuz i've heard the one click steps are kinda edgy, and manually doing it does the trick. i really feel that i'm bout to brick this mofo!! LOL

i really want the same settings u have..18 hours of battery life on your phone!??! i haven't seen this on a smartphone in ages!! and thx for the brightness answer. clearly made a lot of sense :)

4. tatonka_Hero

it's hard to brick these things. Just use things specifically stating for CDMA Hero's, and you should be fine.

5. androidtp

yea i'm using the guide from this site and following each step carefully. wish me luck!!

6. tatonka_Hero

Good luck. And try not to get addicted to tweaking things like the rest of us...

what am I saying, get addicted! It's fun! lol

7. androidtp

yea i'm sure i'll jump on the band wagon with all my fellow nerds :D

a couple of questions: will youtube work once I'm rooted?

am i supposed to turn my phone off or put it in airplane mode so I don't receive any alerts while i'm in this process?

damn..i'm so excited that i forgot the rest of my questions :eek::confused:

8. tatonka_Hero

no idea on youtube, at least no idea on the app. The website should work just fine...I don't watch many youtube videos, ever lol.

Don't worry about receiving alerts, it shouldn't bother anything. You're not affecting the phone at all until you reboot, at which point you're not going to receive alerts anyway lol.

9. androidtp

haha alright cool. thx bud :cool:

10. tatonka_Hero

you betcha :D