Brightness of the X

Last Updated:

1. Ryan04

Ryan04 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So during my lunch hour me and a friend from work went to our local verizon store to look at a demo phone that they had. My friend has the incredible and still has her 30 day garuntee.. We compared her phone to the X he had in his hands and the color on the incredible looks alot better

Advertisement
  2. shadowangel

shadowangel Well-Known Member

The newer Incredibles won't have the AMOLED screen either, so that's a bit moot.

Even comparing LCD vs AMOLED, The X's colors are actually more true. The Incredible has the contrast adjusted to make the colors pop, but that makes it less accurate.

3. Ryan04

Ryan04 Active Member This Topic's Starter

sounds good to me

4. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

The Droid X is brighter than the Incredible. The Incredible's colors pop more because of the higher contrast ratio, though the colors are also significantly oversaturated and inaccurate.

The Droid X's brightness is 455 cd/m

5. elchingon666

elchingon666 Well-Known Member

They need to get the Galaxy S in there.....

6. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

As far as over saturated, I think u can still see it on the Super Amoled. I dont know if its as bad as the Inc., but its still noticeable.

I do agree the colors stand out on Amoled. I think LCD has a sharper pic.

There is a thread here comparing the X and the Galaxy S, and even from looking at the clips:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid-x/119365-droid-x-vs-samsung-galaxy-s.html#post1122124

It still looked over saturated to me looking at the street sign. Maybe it just me...

But yea I wanna see screen reviews of these Samsung phones.

7. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I happen to like LCD screens better, mainly because they are a little bit sharper, and highly visable in sunlight. However with the brightness all the way up, my incredible is visable as well in sunlight. But I believe the Galaxy devices to be Super Amoled, which are brighter, more vibrant, and better in the sunlight then a regular Amoled screen. From some of the screen shots I have seen with the x, the LCD looks a little washed out to me. I'm thinking the brightness wasn't set to high. Either way it should be as good or better then my EVO. Find out tomorrow!

8. elchingon666

elchingon666 Well-Known Member

Went to the Verizon kiosk today to check out the Droid X...held my Galaxy S next to it...the X's screen is VERY nice...but NO MATCH for Super Amoled.

9. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I love my X, but I have to say the Galaxy's screen is the best I've ever seen on a phone. Although, the Galaxy is just as bad in direct sunlight as the Incredible, the X is great in that area, also images actually look like they do in real life on the X, not so much for the Incredible & Galaxy.

10. Clittzen

Clittzen Well-Known Member

The AMOLED, and S AMOLED screens are wonderful but heres my problem with them:

How they look and how pictures/videos look on that phone, they will NOT look like that to anyone else, or on any other device. As well as there will be a super shortage of those screens for the next few years due to only very few companies being able to make these.

As well as over saturation... I would rather have a bright screen (which can be change in settings easily and you take of auto brightness which sucks), then a over saturated screen.

IMO.

11. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I'd much rather have ACCURATE colors vs. colors that POP. The colors of the AMOLED screen of the Incredible is "incredibly" off. :p

12. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Not to mention AMOLEDs (super's included) use that stupid pentile matrix which results in a resolution that is actually only like 2/3 of the claimed 800x480.

I like my text clear, thanks.

13. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

I can't stand going back and using my incredible now. I have it and a dx and I like the dx screen much more. And I was very impressed with the incredibles screen. And still am honestly. But I definitely prefer the X's screen.

14. theineffablebob

theineffablebob Well-Known Member

I like accurate colors as well.

This is why I use an IPS panel monitor. :)