• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Brightness while in docking station

I picked up a docking station from a member on here and decided to use it next to my bed. I like the idea of the clock being displayed however, it's super bright. I hit the little icon that puts it in night mode but it's still too bright for my liking. Im one of those who cannot sleep unless the room is dark. Is there any option that would turn the screen off? I tried messing with it but to no avail.:thinking:
Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue with the brightness of the stock dock mode. I downloaded Alarm Clock Pro app and the night mode is much dimmer (possibly too dim for some). You might want to check out the free version first. It appears that neither the stock app nor this app have a simple brightness control. Dumb, IMHO.

One caveat: I've had intermitent issues with the second backup battery not charging after the phone's battery is fully charged. I'm still trying to figure out if the new app is the reason.

Hope this helps
Rich

Upvote 0
I kept my Charge in a dock all day and all night and got horrible screen burn. I had a chip on the case from a drop on the day of purchase and Verizon said that they didn't think it would be honered under warrenty because of the chip. I had to eat the cost of the phone when I switched to a Bionic.

I'd be really carefully about keeping it in a dock with the screen turned on.

Upvote 0
I kept my Charge in a dock all day and all night and got horrible screen burn. I had a chip on the case from a drop on the day of purchase and Verizon said that they didn't think it would be honered under warrenty because of the chip. I had to eat the cost of the phone when I switched to a Bionic.

I'd be really carefully about keeping it in a dock with the screen turned on.

That's why I'm trying to find a way to have the screen off when docking/charging at night.

Upvote 0
if you hit the sleep/wake button in the dock then the screen goes off

If you are using the dock as a bedside alarm clock, the App that comes with the phone is bright, even in sleep mode. It uses a fairly bright, yellow font for the sleep mode time displayed on the screen. This stays on all night (so you can see what time it is in the middle of the night). I think that is what the OP is complaining about. And I agree with him or her.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones