• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bring on the Iphone4 To Compare with Big EVO!!!

I don't know... I like the quality of my EVO camera and it has replaced my old point and shoot. If I want to take really great photos I will get an actual camera.

d3ba78d4.jpg

I took this in low light I a bar... I think it looks great

clearly, those are all yours. good for you. i live the high life, too.

Upvote 0
This video from the Iphone4 just blows me away! Look at how crisp the video is, there's no annoying weird disturbance either. I must admit i like the iphone's aluminum casing, 720p videos, and display but i don't like everything else. wish the evo would come close to the "38 hours" battery life of the iphone and had better video recording.

http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/engadget/files/walking_around.mov

Upvote 0
I will say it this way.....

It is like Democrat versus Republican....

If you like someone to determine what is best for you...go Apple iPhone. Mr. Jobs knows what is best for you just like Mr. Obama does.

If you are interested in paving your own way in this world and taking responsibility for your actions, then come on over to Android. It is wide open....nobody owes you anything....but we will help you if we know how!!!!

I can't believe I wasted my time reading this thread and even replying....

I can't believe you just covertly called me a Republican... :eek: :mad:

:D

Reactions: benjamin7062
Upvote 0
god bless sprint's premiere program. Think about how much power Evo2 is going to be packing next year.

yeah, it'll be a 22 MP camera and 5 inch screen.

except the camera shoots worse than most 5MP camera, and the screen will still only have 65k colors still....

hell they may even claim 1080 recording, but for "some odd reason" it'll look worse than 640x480 footage blown up to 1080p resolutions.

good on paper does not mean good in reality.

Upvote 0
I seriously doubt the iphone gets that much time on battery. Sorry. But Engadget is the worse people to believe as they are apple fans.

Im not too sure about that. In the past yes, but I can tell they are trying so hard... so hard to not make the review so biased towards apple products. At times when they said it was the best display of any phone hands down. That was a pretty bold statement. Also at the end, they say it is the best phone on the market period. Just a little much. But they try and play both sides and say there will always be a better handset in the future. The iphone can be the best specked phone, but until they change those endless rows of apps (what a bore), I will be enjoying the freedom that is Android.

Upvote 0
3. 8 mega-pixel camera vs. 5
Quality wins here, not quantity. All megapixels measure is the size of the file. A 5MP quality photo is better than an 8MP shitty photo. We don't know the quality of the iPhone's camera yet, so this argument is not a good one.

The Iphone 4 will have a 5 Megapixel sensor with a good lense/focal length for wide angle shots. The 5 Megapixel will be built by Omnivision Technology (same as Evo).

On paper, the 8 megapixel camera should produce better crisper photos in good lighting conditions, while the Iphone camera will shine in lower light situations.

Upvote 0
yeah, it'll be a 22 MP camera and 5 inch screen.

except the camera shoots worse than most 5MP camera, and the screen will still only have 65k colors still....

hell they may even claim 1080 recording, but for "some odd reason" it'll look worse than 640x480 footage blown up to 1080p resolutions.

good on paper does not mean good in reality.

Welcome to the EVO of today. :p

Upvote 0
Listen the new iPhone does loom large...not in size, but in the fact that its put together well, and really has a lot going for it under the hood. IMHO, HTC needs to take some notes from apple on build quality. its my one real problem with my EVO. its not what a super phone should be as far as build quality goes. And realistically every time they push out a phone, there already talking about what's next on the horizon. Apple has the right idea, once a year. Now as for Android, I love it! Froyo is going to be awesome, and I'm excited for it. But I would just like for Google and HTC to chill a lil bit, and refine what they have before talking about the next great thing .The Eris came out in Nov/Dec I believe, and its already ancient. I mean even the incredible is starting to sound old when they talk about the scorpion.

however , I still like my EVO and think Android is the future of what an OS should be. EVO vs iPhone 4, we'll see that title fight in a few days...

Upvote 0
While I will agree design and build are usually good. It has one of the worst radios ever design for a phone..

Everyone blames ATT network and that is partially correct, the Iphone is a bigger problem than ATT's network..

i agree with this 100%. I had numerous at&t phones in between my iphones and i always got th worse service with the iphone. But they did change the design on the antennas for the IOS4 so hopefully it will be a little better. It kinda sucks apple lets at&t take all the blame for these issues, then again with all the money at&t makes having the iphone they probably dont mind looking like the bad guy

Upvote 0
While I will agree design and build are usually good. It has one of the worst radios ever design for a phone..

Everyone blames ATT network and that is partially correct, the Iphone is a bigger problem than ATT's network..

I had terrible service with ATT and never had an iPhone. It's the network. VZW did the whole "Can you hear me now" specifically because of ATT call quality issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones