Bringing European Galaxy S phone to US?Support

Last Updated:

1. jbk317

jbk317 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

If I buy a Galaxy S in Spain, would I then be able to bring it back to the states, get it unlocked, and use it on a carrier in America?
    I know this is kind of a service provider question but I thought I would try it here. I HATE calling customer service.
    Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. saamlee92

saamlee92 Well-Known Member

if its unlocked you can use it with any carrier. But, why do you want an european galaxy s? having tmo or att with vibrant and captivate?
    You can unlock it with just an app that you download in the Market.

3. ardyer

ardyer Well-Known Member

You can use it on T-Mobile or AT&T in the US, but not Verizon, Sprint, or any other CDMA carrier.

Plus, you will only get 3G on AT&T and only in areas that don't use the 850 spectrum.

If you like the European Galaxy S better than any of the US ones, the Bell Vibrant in Canada works on AT&T's spectrum and is the same as the European model.

4. jbk317

jbk317 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The issue is that my friend will be in Spain for the next 10 months and wants a Galaxy S, so when she comes back to the US she wants to still be able to use it. I wonder if there is another way around this.

5. saamlee92

saamlee92 Well-Known Member

dont worry. If it is unlocked, then you will be able to use it with any gsm carrier in the world.

The only thing you have to watch for ir the 3g capability.