Brithday displays a month early.General

Last Updated:

1. Citic07

Citic07 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Why does my phone display birthdays a month ahead. Its cool you can enter someones B day into the phone, but being a month off it doesn't really help me. Is there a way to change it so it notifies you on the persons actual B day? Thanks in advance!:D

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

How are you being notified? I don't get any notifications of birthdays (2.1). Do you happen to have a "reminder" type notification set up in gmail, and maybe it's set to 1 month??

3. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

Mine was doing that in 1.5 under People, Updates and Events, but it isn't anymore in 2.1. I have a friend who's birthday is March 17th and it's not showing up yet, but I'll come back and edit this post when it does. I'm assuming that it will be "week of" the event, if it's anything like Facebook's birthday updates.

4. Citic07

Citic07 Active Member This Topic's Starter

yeah im using 1.5 still, i't's not through gmail, it just in the phones list of people. You can enter their birthday and anniversary. I just thought the phone would let you know the day off the persons birthday.

OK thanks, i guess i will just have to wait for 2.1. It seems kinda dumb that the phone gives you an option to send the person a message or place a call to them when it reminds you of their birthday a month early. I was hoping their was a way to fix this. i tried the menu and what not, but no luck.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I was getting one day early notifications on various appointments I'd entered on my stock (1.5) calendar.

A battery-pull fixed it. That was over a month ago and the issue has not reappeared.

6. EricB

EricB Well-Known Member

Just to update this, my friend's birthday is showing up as "in two days", which is better than having it a month in advance. I should have checked it last week but I totally forgot about it.

7. odaxium

odaxium Well-Known Member

Maybe I should do that, all my appointments show up a day early

8. cryppie

cryppie Member

If I remember correctly, I think it is a bug with "all day" events. You might try editing the birthday and uncheck all day event.

9. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

My phone does the same thing, 30 day advance notice of birthdays. It uses google calendar for birthdays. In gmail under calendars there is no way that I can find to edit birthday events once they are created to uncheck all day event.

Some of the birthday info comes from Facebook, some gmail and others are added in contacts so I got data from all over.