1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Broadcast to FM radio?

1. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

Is it possible to broadcast to an FM radio? I'm assuming not since I haven't seen it but you just never know what some folks turn up.

I was listening to the Steelers game on a Pittsburgh station while driving thru Arkansas on Tune In Radio while driving and the volume wasn't loud enough to hear comfortably and I really dislike ear buds....especially when driving(dangerous).

Would be nice to broadcast to FM in car and listen that way.

Advertisement
  2. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Not as far as I've seen. If you have a head unit with an RCA in on the back and an 'ext. in' setting you can do like I do and plug your DX, or any other device into the headphone jack and listen to whatever you have playing on it that way.

All you need is a stereo RCA cord to bridge between the two.
  3. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

You need an FM transmitter, which are plentiful. You just plug the headphone jack into the FM transmitter, select a frequency, tune your radio to that frequency and away you go.

Amazon.com: fm transmitter

The quality isn't the best, and if you drive through densely populated areas sometimes you'll have to switch stations to find an unused one, but it works. I used one before I had a radio with an aux-in (and now I just use Bluetooth to stream).
  4. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I echo Outlaw's method, if available. My stereo has a built in AUX port and I just use a male to male 3.5mm cable to go from the X's headset plug to the car and I hear everything on my car's stereo.
  5. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Well-Known Member

Yeah I usually listen to my Sandisk through my head unit. But I had my DX hooked up to it one time and I was at a gas station. Then a call came in (phone was on vibrate) and I answered, and suddenly my conversation was being blasted out of car speakers for everyone else to hear...

I wasn't expecting that for some reason? lol
  6. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

No jacks. 2000 model vehicle. Will see if the FM transmitter works. Hate to have to have something hook up......these things always get lost.
    My daughter's phone has a built in FM transmitter and it is unbelievably clear!
  7. el ernie

el ernie New Member

i was wondering if this was possible too
  8. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

HAHA! I was listening to Pandora thru my AUX plug and a call came in on my BT Headset, then it died. Suddenly, the call was blasting on my radio! But they couldn't hear me talking back!
  9. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

what station on tune in? I was trying to find the game and couldn't find it.
  10. wxman2003

wxman2003 Well-Known Member

The nfl app allows you to listen to all the games for free.