1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Brodit ProClip Car MountTips

1. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

I've got the ProClip car mount and want to get a holder for it that will fit the N4 WITH the bumper on. It was a PITA to have to take the case off of my N1 everytime I wanted to dock it.

By my measurments, the phone width with the bumper is 2 15/16" (74.61mm) and thickness 7/16" (11.11mm). Damn close to 3"X1/2".

My question is, does anybody know of a semi-popular phone that has similar dimensions so I can check the Brodit website and see if they make a ProClip mount for it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Bob Loblaw1

Bob Loblaw1 Well-Known Member

After looking at several devices the closest I've found is the Note II at 80.5mm width and 9.4mm thick. I'm thinking I could account for the +5.9mm difference in width by cutting up some of that cusiony stuff you put on the bottom of chairs to keep them from scratching hardwood floors. I should be able to find some of that stuff in black and the thickness is probably just about right, plus it will have some give to it if it's a little too thick.

Problem is the width is -1.7mm and I can't make the phone thinner.

Think I'll find out what their return policy is and if it's just the cost of shipping maybe I'll give it a shot.