broke it

Last Updated: 2014-02-27 00:52:11
  1. Robertech

Robertech Well-Known Member

well i just had to push my luck. was playing with the lcd density, got it down to 100 and all was fine. went a little further and now im stuck in bootloop with no way to push the backup of my build.prop back to the phone. way to go. :bawling:

Advertisement
  2. Robertech

at least now we know the limit if someone wants to change their lcd density. dont go below 100 unless you want a paperweight. default is 160.
  3. animejoe69

animejoe69 Well-Known Member

what does the lcd density do?
    just curious!
    this is my first andriod and first touch phone
    so i'm trying to learn all i can about this system
  4. Robertech

its similar to adjusting the screen resolution on your pc. more screen real estate. although the app icons dont resize, only get cropped smaller. menus and such appear smaller so you can see more stuff without scrolling.
  5. ripskee

ripskee Member

Since the native screen resolution is 164.95 dpi,
    has anybody tried setting it to 164 or 165 ?

And if yes, was the phone still usable.
  6. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Yes it would still be usable because applying those values wouldn't change anything, that's the stock value.
  7. ripskee

ripskee Member

The stock value is 160. I checked it and someone else confirmed earlier.

So my question is, if someone set it higher then 160 (165 or 170 or more), would that work ?

So your statement makes no sense ...
  8. bluegizmo83

bluegizmo83 New Member

Hello all. I was just trying to modify the LCD Density on this Hydro for a friend and I don't see the line in the build.prop

I have rooted the phone, but when I open the build.prop file in the system folder, there is not ro.sf.lcd_density line in there... Do I just add the line to the file under the ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES section??