• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broke my gorrilla glasss - what options do i have?

Hey everyone, my Triumph fell right on the corner breaking the glass. I had the glass protector off too, so it does have some sharp edges now. I only have one protector screen for another phone but i was thinking of putting it on for now to keep from loosing glass or cutting myself accidently. I know once it's on, it's not coming off. Do you think this is a good idea for now?

I do have insurance through VM so i will have to get another phone. But i think it's $100. I'm looking for a cheap fix. If i have to return it, so be it. Would an Ebay digitizer work well? Are they hard to change or inferior quality?

I also have a custom ROM installed. Would i need to go back to stock before sending it in?

Don't judge me on this one. Should i just say it was stolen, or send it back in broken?

Just call them and tell them that your touch screen stopped working and see if they'll send you a replacement. Don't worry about going back to stock, the first thing that virgin does when you return the phone is flash a stock Image so that there is no customer info left on the phone and put it in a known state for troubleshooting. Good luck.

Upvote 0
...tell them it must have broke from shipping

and other suggestions about deliberately damaging a phone to claim a replacement is fraud and a felony. It's not good for you, your family or your karma, and crime is never a solution to a problem.

I suggest taking the high road here, if it it might cost you a few sheckles. You'll at least be able to look in the mirror without seeing something you regret.

Any further discussion of fraud will get this thread locked.

Upvote 0
I guess i should update this thread.

Last week i called VM and told them it fell off my freezer onto the concrete basement floor and broke the glass. This IS exactly what happened.

I was very suprised when they told me my phone was still under warranty. It's still less then a year old. They said it was covered, and sent me a new phone. Within 24 hours of that phonecall, i had my new Triumph at my doorstep.

I'm not sure if it is a new or refurbished phone. It came in a white box wrapped in bubblewrap. Nothing more. Doesn't matter to me if it's new or not. Looks new. Can't thank VM enough. Although my insurance has now been canceled, i understand that part of it.

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones