• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Broke my screen already

pretty cheap is a far way from true in this case....... cheapest I could find for him was $149 :(

cruise ebay or craigslist for broken as is units that someone bricked or something and buy it for parts

mind sayin how exactly you broke it? theres an ongoing dispute as to whether or not this phone has gorilla glass....

Upvote 0
I dont know how it broke actually. I either leaned on it getting up from the couch or my 190 lb. engish mastiff sat on it. it cracked horizontally in the middle of the screen clear across. i would have had to get a phone with one of the most expensive screen to replace. i priced them b4 i posted the 1st time. i do hae 1 idea up my sleeve. i have only had the phone for 2 weeks...if all else fails i did find a replacement screen for 116.00 will follow up later. thanks guys

Upvote 0
good luck to ya...... hope it works out for ya

kinda sux only havin it 2 weeks and broken already

Im gonna go out on a limb and say if either you leaned on it or the dog jumped on it and thats all it took to break it......... there is absolutely no chance of this being gorilla glass

Upvote 0
well to follow up.....turns out i had the insurance afterall.:rolleyes: was told i had 30 days to enroll when i got the phone....soooo... anyhow made my claim with the imfamous asurion... now they tell me the stratosphere is backordered, i cant win....anyone know how long you have to wait for asurion to come up off of their back orders?

Upvote 0
well to follow up.....turns out i had the insurance afterall.:rolleyes: was told i had 30 days to enroll when i got the phone....soooo... anyhow made my claim with the imfamous asurion... now they tell me the stratosphere is backordered, i cant win....anyone know how long you have to wait for asurion to come up off of their back orders?

My wife has the same problem, except hers drooped out of her pocket and the screen shattered on the ground. She's had the phone less than a month. So she can still enroll in the insurance and get this claimed properly if its been less than 30 days?

Upvote 0
not exactly....i called verizon and told them what had happened and the rep said that if i wanted the insurance that it looked like i had enrolled the day of the purchase...;)

Yeah, my wife had the same thing happen to her today... ;-) Now, how much does Verizon or their insurance company charge for a replacement device? She got the better of the two insurance options if that makes a difference in the deductible or not.

Upvote 0
My stratosphere screen broke as well. Samsung will replace for about 110. I have insurance and can pay 100. The problem I have with this is the quality. Too many of the screens are breaking! I broke mine while trying to pop the protector off to reset the battery. It's clear my thumb is what did it. I really wasn't pushing that hard. It's cracked from the inside out. I'm going to go back to the verizon store to see what they say. I've had this phone for 3 months.

Upvote 0
I broke my phone approx. 2 weeks after getting it and had to file a claim. Sure I had a $99.00 deductible but on the flip side of that they do next day shipping for free and my new phone came with a battery, charger and a new 4g memory card and all I returned to them (in the postage paid envelope they provided) was my bare bones phone...so when you think about it those items are worth around 100.00 so it really balances itself out.

Upvote 0
This is kind of hard to explain so Ill do my best..

I have the stratosphere and was walking my son into school. The phone went flying out of my hand almost as if i threw it. It landed on its face and the glass was shattered. The screen underneath was fine, so I used the phone. Call this Phone #1.
I was having trouble charging this phone, and all the sudden it stopped accepting a charge even tho the battery was good, I couldnt get a free replacement being the screen was broken.

I went online and got a new phone from Ausiron, that one was all well and good, call it phone #2. But one day I had it in my back pocket and sat on it. Like an idiot. I was using phone #1 to talk on and charging the phone with phone #2. The glass AND lcd was cracked on phone #2.

I went online and did the asurion thing again. I had phone #3 sitting on the table and when I went to pick it up noticed it was cracked again!!!!! So... I have phone #1 in my possesion and phone #3..... I use phone #1 because even with the broken glass you can use the phone. Phone #3 is good for charging only..

I want to swap the top piece from phone 1 with the bottom piece of phone 3. The glass on phone 3 isnt broke just the lcd screen underneath. I want to swap the glass from phone three to phone 1's lcd and use phone #3's bottom since it charges. I took the screws out of phone #3 but cannot see how to take it apart.

I have to return a phone soon or they will charge me with another one, there is a 2 replacement limit on the insurance for a year.

If I go buy a new phone, which I dont have the money for, it cannot be added to insurance on this line for a year.

Any advice so I have a phone? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones