Broke Web browser >.<Support

Last Updated:

1. Frostbyrne

Frostbyrne New Member This Topic's Starter

Oct 8, 2010
    Hi, so I got my vibrant about a week ago. Just a few minutes ago, I changed some of the settings in the web browser (UAString to desktop) so I could openly view hulu with flash (How To: Install Flash 10.1 On Android 2.1 Eclair Devices) Now the web browser crashes and goes to the force quit screen every time I start it, so I have no way to revert the settings. (Please note that this did not start after I installed the flash, but after I changed the uastrings. Though they still may be related.) This is my first post and im hoping to start posting here more so please help =D

Edit: Here is the error on the force quit screen hopefully it helps:

The application web (process has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. dumpstate_app_201010080045_com_android_broswer.log has been saved. Use *#9900# to copy out log.

2. uzetaab

uzetaab Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010

Maybe if you uninstall flash, then you can go back & revert the settings?

Maybe just switch to a different browser? Ppl seem to like Dolphin.
  3. labroni

labroni New Member

Oct 20, 2010
    If you go to the home screen and open "options"> applications> "manage apps" then click "filter" and press "all" you will be able to scroll down to web. Once in web, just press the button that says "clear data" and your browser will work again.

However, this does not solve the problem of not being able to put the browser in desktop mode. I still can't figure that one out.