Brokeded my phone

Last Updated:

1. -DRM-

-DRM- Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Rooted, Fresh ROM.

Was freezing some apps in TIBackup. Noticed the phone was acting odd and I couldn't get back to the home screen, so I pulled the battery for a reboot and now it won't boot past the Fresh startup screen.

No clue what I did - and no clue how to get it back from here.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. wrapkgb

wrapkgb Well-Known Member

Try booting into recovery and wiping cache and dalivk then reboot. If that doesn't work then either restore a nand back up or reflash the rom if its on your SD card.

3. -DRM-

Wiped both - no change.
    Tried to do a nand restore - says "couldn't open directory /sdcard/nandroid/"
    reflashed the ROM (yes, still a .zip on the card - seemed to flash ok, problem still there.

4. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Do you have a known stable ROM to flash? If not, I suggest you find one and then copy it to your SD card and flash it and go from there.

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

yup..start from scratch

6. jpkotor

jpkotor Well-Known Member

is there something in the water? this just happened to me. i did a data wipe and cache wipe and attempted to flash fresh 3.4.0.1 (i had already had it installed but there were some issue i've read have been cleared up by doing a fresh install with a wipe). now it freezes on the fresh startup. i even tried wiping again and flashing 3.3.0.1 and i'm getting the same problem... help!

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

wipe data twice...wipe dalvik twice, wipe bat stats and try again.

which kernel are you guys using?

were you using setcpu at all?

when all else fails wipe it all and flash rom or last known working nandroid

8. jpkotor

jpkotor Well-Known Member

i restored a nandroid and i'm good to go now. my last nandroid was a couple weeks ago. before i mess with anything i always make a backup but for some reason this time i cut the corner (first time flashing a rom or anything messed up the phone.. go figure..)

i am using netarchy 4.2.1 cfs w/ less aggressive undervolting, it's what i have been using for a couple days. well this nandroid has 4.2 no havs... now that i know i have a working nandroid i'm gonna go back to messing around with stuff.. good thing i just redid all my backups in titanium lol

9. -DRM-

Well, got it running and the only backup I had was from 11/2 when I rooted. Oh well, I think I saved the important stuff, so I will be more careful about backing up from now on.