• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broken Ally Screen

SimsDelt

Android Expert
Aug 4, 2010
Bremen, Georgia
Does anyone know where to point me to find out how to replace an LG Ally screen? My friend has scratched his beyond recognition, bought a replacement, but has no instructions on how to replace it. And yes... I've searched Google. Didn't know if there was any instructions anywhere that I couldn't find. Thank you

P.S. Its the exterior screen, not the actual LCD. Guess its called the "Lens".

How much did the digitizer set you back? mine is in good condition thanks to my invisibleshield, but i may remove it because it occasionally keeps my phone from recognizing when i touch the screen (especially with the "soft keys" - the back and home keys). But removing it all depends on how much a replacement digitizer costs, if worse comes to worst and i end up scratching my beloved ally to death, lol.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know where to point me to find out how to replace an LG Ally screen? My friend has scratched his beyond recognition, bought a replacement, but has no instructions on how to replace it. And yes... I've searched Google. Didn't know if there was any instructions anywhere that I couldn't find. Thank you

P.S. Its the exterior screen, not the actual LCD. Guess its called the "Lens".
How did he manage that? The thing is made of gorilla glass.

Upvote 0
Anyone interested in this topic would do well to go to the link posted and read the how-to on the other forum (complete with some nice pictures). At the current end of the thread he says that he lost the proximity sensor and accelerometer functions after replacing the digitizer. My guess would be something got disconnected or torn loose. But it is good to be forewarned if trying this.

Zoandroid

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones