Broken Ally ScreenSupport

Last Updated:

1. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone know where to point me to find out how to replace an LG Ally screen? My friend has scratched his beyond recognition, bought a replacement, but has no instructions on how to replace it. And yes... I've searched Google. Didn't know if there was any instructions anywhere that I couldn't find. Thank you

P.S. Its the exterior screen, not the actual LCD. Guess its called the "Lens".

Advertisement
  2. SimsDelt

SimsDelt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

3. ForceFedTrauma

ForceFedTrauma Active Member

How much did the digitizer set you back? mine is in good condition thanks to my invisibleshield, but i may remove it because it occasionally keeps my phone from recognizing when i touch the screen (especially with the "soft keys" - the back and home keys). But removing it all depends on how much a replacement digitizer costs, if worse comes to worst and i end up scratching my beloved ally to death, lol.

4. Brandonson112

Brandonson112 Well-Known Member

How did he manage that? The thing is made of gorilla glass.

5. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in this topic would do well to go to the link posted and read the how-to on the other forum (complete with some nice pictures). At the current end of the thread he says that he lost the proximity sensor and accelerometer functions after replacing the digitizer. My guess would be something got disconnected or torn loose. But it is good to be forewarned if trying this.

Zoandroid

6. hoopref

hoopref New Member

How do you replace a broken screen on a LG Ally. Broke mine today...first time I ever dropped it!

7. Zoandroid

Zoandroid Well-Known Member

I suggest you look at the above posts where there is a link to replacing a digitizer layer. That should prove helpful.

8. rradford9

rradford9 Member

I successfully replaced my digitizer using parallaxed's write-up and didn't loose the proximity sensor or accelerometer. It was good help for sure! IIRC the digitizer was about $45.