• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broken?! Already?!

Hi all,

Not been here long, in fact my phone isn't even a phone yet since the carrier hasn't given me a phone number or anything and I've been having fun using my wifi connection. Today, I had just started Moon+ Reader and all of a sudden it froze. Then the phone reset and started the Moto logo, then the moto logo with the shifting cloud, and sometimes finally the Orange logo (my carrier). It was rebooting over and over again. Finally, I tried removing the battery for a bit and starting the phone again and now I just get an exclamation mark sign with the little green android.

What's up? What can I do? Have I broken this ruggedized phone just by having it in my pocket?

B

Thanks Ziffos. My new Defy arrived yesterday and today I've found that my family name gets mispronounced by the caller ID - my name is Vost, pronounced like "lost", not "toast", but the phone says "Fiona Vohst calling". I saw that there's a phonetic pronunciation, so I changed the name to "Vosst" but it makes no difference. If I could enter a short "o" (like so in the International Phonetic Alphabet: /ɒ/), then I could make it plain to the phone, but I don't seem to be able to.

Oh, btw, I got the upgrade announcement to move to 2.2, and it does feel speedier.

B

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones