• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Broken Buttons

walnuts

Lurker
Jul 29, 2009
Hey yall I recently was using my g1 when all the bottom buttons stopped working and it says I do not have a sd card. installed, it also has been reseting it'self not fulling turning off but android pops up and freezes for a second. can any one help me on this? It's also not recognizing my usb charger all the time. Also it is having a lot of text can not be sent notifications.

Hey yall I recently was using my g1 when all the bottom buttons stopped working and it says I do not have a sd card. installed, it also has been reseting it'self not fulling turning off but android pops up and freezes for a second. can any one help me on this? It's also not recognizing my usb charger all the time. Also it is having a lot of text can not be sent notifications.

Try this :

With the phone ON pull the Battery and SIM card ... wait 2 to 5 minutes ...

Replaced the SIM and Battery ... Hold the MENU button and tough the POWER button until you feel the power on vibrate ... BUT continue to hold the menu until you see the words "SAFE MODE" in the lower left corner of the display .. it will be light transparent text...

Then Power down normally ... And then power on and see if the phone is now normal ??

Hope this works for your situation ... IF not then it is probably time for a call to carrier for phone replacement ..

Upvote 0
Try this :

With the phone ON pull the Battery and SIM card ... wait 2 to 5 minutes ...

Replaced the SIM and Battery ... Hold the MENU button and tough the POWER button until you feel the power on vibrate ... BUT continue to hold the menu until you see the words "SAFE MODE" in the lower left corner of the display .. it will be light transparent text...

Then Power down normally ... And then power on and see if the phone is now normal ??

Hope this works for your situation ... IF not then it is probably time for a call to carrier for phone replacement ..

Tried that did not work well I guess I need to start looking for a new phone, I bought this one used a few months ago with no warranty.

Upvote 0
I've been having the exact same problems, no warrenty also.

Any new information discovered, because that would be awesome!

It's just the front buttons, along with the ball. Everything else is working marvelously. It had stopped working when I dropped it (Stupid, I know it could be the explaination) but I had droppen it before and never had any issues, I also dropped it in the toilet (also, stupid) and it started working again a few months later minus any major problems (besides the screen malfunctioning every now and then) I was thinking maybe it has something to do with the battery?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones