broken camera lens cover...options?Support

Last Updated:

1. RevWillie

RevWillie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

geez, if it's not one thing, it's another.

Somehow, the part of the battery cover that the camera peeks through got shattered. A crack was going directly through the field of view of the camera. I took the pieces off and I just have my zagg invisible shield piece covering the hole right now.

I guess I can get a whole new battery cover from ebay for 10-15 dollars, but I don't want to re-do the zagg film for the back cover.

I'd love to know if I can just get a replacement clear lens cover. Haven't found one anywhere yet.

Can the clear piece be separated from a new back cover without breaking it?

Advertisement
  2. ChilledMatt

ChilledMatt Well-Known Member

The exact same thing happened to my G1. It was strange as I had not dropped it and it lives in its wallet all the time. All I can think is that it wasn't seated properly in the first place. I was lucky and t-mobile replaced the back cover foc.

3. ravens0ng

ravens0ng Well-Known Member

Mine came out of my pocket broken one day as well. I bought one of those 2600 batteries and it came with a new, larger back cover (which has no lens cover at all) which solved my crack problem. T-mo didn't want to here about it and told me I should have bought insurance.

4. Natashad

Natashad New Member

mine is broken too. they sell them on ebay tho. they're about 15 bucks

5. RevWillie

I got a whole battery cover. Zagg was nice enough to replace my invisible shield for the cost of shipping under their lifetime warranty. But I'd still like to find a place that sells just the camera lens window part.

6. MystiqueASAP

MystiqueASAP New Member

I had the same thing happen. I called T-Mobile and they were somewhat useless. The refer me to HTC and they are going to replace it free of charge with their accessory replacement program. They will give you two options for the replacement.

Option 1: They will ship out the battery cover and prepaid shipping label; however, they must pre-authorize a charge of $1.00. You will then have 30 days to return the broken/defective cover. If you do not return it within 30 days, then they will charge the MSRP for the battery cover.

Option 2: They will email you a return label. You will then send the broken/defective battery cover to HTC. Once they receive it, then they will ship out the replacement.
    I chose option 1 and it shipped the same day.

By the way, the number for HTC is 1-888-716-3594. HTH.
    ~MystiqueASAP

7. RevWillie

wow, thanks Mystique! I'm going to call right now. I can swap my broken cover for a new one and have a spare!