Broken desire?Support

Last Updated:

1. digitalxni

digitalxni Guest This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

Today whilst surfing the net via wireless (only for a few mins) my Desire shutdown out of the blue and now constantly reboots - all it shows is the O2 Welcome screen before rebooting. Tried stopping this booting by holding down the power key and now it's stuck on the welcome screen! Any idea of what I can do? I've already removed the battery, sim and mini sd card and tried starting again but I still can't get past the o2 screen! :S

Help!

Advertisement
  2. digitalxni

Quick update, removed everything and tried once more, got to the homescreen and saw a 0% wireless strength and no service signal then it rebooted before I had time to sort anything. :S

3. digitalxni

Ok so everything was fine until this morning when I went on the internet and the phone crashed and got stuck in an endless reboot. After removing the battery for a few hours it worked fine until this evening when whilst on Facebook it did the same. One thing I have noticed is that when it finally boots up properly in the notification bar it says "preparing SD card". I googled this and it sounds like my SD card (the one that came with the phone) is broke. Can anyone confirm that this is the problem?

Just to add I think this might have occured after connecting my Desire to my pc although I did unmount it correctly before removing.

4. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

The preparing SD card when the phone boots is a normal function of the phone.
    Try a factory reset settings/privacy/factory reset

5. digitalxni

That hasn't helped, it just randomly rebooted whilst trying to ring someone and is stuck in the constant reboot cycle again...

6. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Well-Known Member

It may be your desire has developed a fault, in which case its a trip to your shop where you got it from.