• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So, recently I updated from team achron, did I spell that right?!

Any way, it was the.touched by sg4 2.0
Then recently updated to, 2.1, about a week or 2 ok.

Never noticed, because I don't use gps often, unless lookout does, but today,I needed map directions...

I clicked on gps from the drop down menu,

Systemui has stopped...bkah blah.

Tried it from menu settings...same.

Rebooted into recovery, cleared davlik cache, fixed permissions...

Still crashes.....

I had bitdefender and malware bytes..uninstalled those, rebooted..cleared cache...

Still crashed with same message.

I tried the gps fix tools, but siome require it to be on..others don't, but it can't read any gps info.

When I had the older version, my phone got really hot, discharging at a ridiculous rate, charging seemed to slow it down...so I decided to update to the latest TBS4.

No heat problems, no power drains.battery charges like normal.

But the stupid gps doesn't want to work

I've tried, airplane modes to try to rest it..

Apart from reinstalling the rom again, no idea what else I could do.

Reinstall the stock ROM. If that fixes it, the ROM you're using has a problem with the GPS firmware. If not, your GPS radio is bad.

i reinstalled, the 2.2 TBS4, ROM

gps was working, i tested it out continuously...to be sure..

then, i needed it to go somewhere so i used google maps and tried to turn on GPS.

i swear, everytime i need to goto this one auto-shop thats 1hr away, it senses this and throws up a "system UI crashed"

is there a way to test the GPS radio...something...

i dont see how it can be broken...

My friends phone, same phone, except hers is the white edition, mines the grey (gray) edition, hers was updated to the 2.2 TBS4 version, her GPS works fine...

so its elaving me to believe, possible, application? maybe during when i sync the phone back to my google account and it syns back and communication is getting garbled during final steps of intallation..

Is it safe to remove the following system apps
( i need someone thats removed this w/o issue, not a link saying this is safe)

ALLSHARE Service
Music Player
s Voice
Samsung Account
Sansung Link
Tripadvisor
VideoPlayer
Viper4AndroidFX
viper4Android XHiFi
Voice Recorder
Yahoo finance
yahoo...crap

i tested the gps AFTER i uninstalled those from system app folder.
and gps worked fine..

then when it bugged on me, i thought it was a system app i deleted/uninstalled.

so, i went to the restore section, and restored all the system apps i uninstalled.

but it still didnt work

i dont think its a broken GPS radio, but would still like a way to check on it.
and not some app that detects whether its on or off...

Other than that, it could be a brain freeze, during final steps of rom installation and when its trying to sync everything from my google account back on the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones