Broken Hearted

Last Updated:

1. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Went to plug my droid into the radio in the truck today and didn't feel that ever so familiar click. :(

I have to wiggle it now to get it to work. :mad:

She has not given me one problem (that hasn't been my fault) since I picked her up on release day.

I've flashed her more times than I care to mention and she took it all with a smile. :D

I have to put her back to stock to trade her in and it hurts.

Advertisement
  2. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

The headphone ports on these things suck. You know why? It's not a headphone port, it's three contacts lined up to touch the headphone jack when you plug it in. It's the stupidest design ever. Lots of users have had issues with the left channel cutting out.

3. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

that sux.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

Glad I use bluetooth. Paid about $75 for the Motorola 505 speakerphone that streams through my car radio. Worth looking into when your replacement comes.

Decus22 likes this.
  5. JoeProcopio

JoeProcopio Well-Known Member

i had the moto 325i a few phones ago and the headphone jack died on that too...hmmmmm...i ended up getting a moto s9hd for commuting and working out....although i don't use it to talk since the microphone is too far away from your mouth.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm gonna have to look into that. Thanks.

It sucks though because a 2 dollar cord was working just fine. :mad:

7. shadowdude777

2 dollar cord, you say? What you CAN do is buy this. It's designed for the iPhone, which has a recessed headphone jack so you can't plug in a lot of headphones with bigger plugs. Then just plug in all 3.5mm plugs to that cord. The cord will take all the abuse of having stuff plugged into it and the headphone jack on the Droid won't see any wear-and-tear. I use a few of these things around the house for places where I plug in headphones a lot (like my computer) and don't want to have to deal with replacing the headphone jack if it breaks.

8. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

It will take the wear and tear but you will still have to plug and unplug or else it will be hanging from your phone.

9. darrin2520

darrin2520 Well-Known Member

Yes - can you explain what you mean ShadowDude? I am not sure how this lessens the wear and tear unless it is hanging from your phone which IMHO is unacceptable.

I use the stereo jack all the time in my vehicle. As the OP mentioned, it is convenient, cheap and simple. Needless to say, I am a bit worried after reading this post.

10. shadowdude777

Heh, I guess it doesn't work for everyone. I almost always have something plugged into the 3.5mm jack on my phone (usually headphones) so it doesn't really get in the way for me. Even if you don't though, it's only 6 inches long, it should be bearable (insert preemptive that's-what-she-said ;) ).