• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

smiithxx

Lurker
Jun 6, 2014
So as of yesterday my home button on my note 3 stopped working. I've had my phone since December ish last year and haven't had this issue before. I know it is under warranty but I don't want all my stuff gone off my phone and I don't want to send it away. Is there an app that can replace the home button (ie clear all app in use, screen capture, etc) or would it be in my best interest to send the phone away and figure out what the real issue is?

Hi

You could use this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smart.swkey.nonroot&hl=en

I use it all the time (even though my buttons work). The only time I use any physical button is for power on from cold.

(I also use gravity screen to allow me to turn the screen on and off by swiping over the proximity sensor).

I would test the app and if its OK, then make a decision on whether to return it for repair. Depends really on when you were planning to upgrade it (or sell it?). We all know its best to get it repaired under warranty, but also that its a pain..

Roger

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones