Broken Kickstand

1. RrCoX22

RrCoX22 Member

So it didn't happen immediately after dropping my phone, but I've dropped my phone a few times from hip level on hard surfaces (concrete,tile, etc.) and one day I noticed my spring on the stand wasn't operating correctly. Basically now my kickstand won't close fully and randomly will pop open or stay open like halfway.

So my quesiton is has anyone had this issue yet? Was the repair easy to fix? Just open the backplate and keep performing surgery until the stand's spring is accessible?

Advertisement
  2. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

put a case on it..cheaper than insurance.....or if you have any manufacture problems,,,,,light leakage/screen separation...try get it exchanged for free
  3. RrCoX22

RrCoX22 Member

putting it in a case will not fix this issue... I will not be going that route. any input on the topic posted? BTW I already have insurance on it.
  4. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

To each his/her own, but man I can't understand being so careless with something so expensive (not to mention cool) :)

I know, I know, I sound like a parent now. :)

and p.s. Sorry no input here on how to fix a broken kickstand, sorry
  5. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

i have a rugged from seidio and it eliminates kickstand feature...im just saying if you want to have a usable phone without the kickstand swaying in the wind...but its up to you....also a crack in the bezel near the power button is costing another member in this forum 75 and thats from htc
  6. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

one last thing....i drop my phone daily...cement...carpet...tile...and thats face down/up/left /right...and my kickstand is still gravy..thanks to seidio rugged

and insurance is gonna cost you another 100..
  7. RrCoX22

RrCoX22 Member

I'm sorry if I can't control myself when I'm half functional stumbling out of the bars and my non-functional grip doesn't allow me to completely and properly hold my phone as I take it out my hand :D

damn nice... is like $100 for a new one with insurance? I'm gonna crack it open tonight I guess and see what I find. is that "rugged from seidio" a particular style of a case?
    E30Nova likes this.
  8. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

new as in refurb....but yes 100....supposedly refurbs go through more stringent QC becuase...well...they were known to be defective...or someshit like that....the rugged from seidio is a beast of a case.....like an otterbox...but comes 2/3 cases in one

http://www.seidioonline.com/product-p/bd3-hkr4hev4.htm
  9. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Well-Known Member

Same thing happen to me, I took someone's advice and went to a Sprint repair store and they fixed it in like ten minute no charge
  10. Traceamount

Traceamount Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who cringed reading this? I dropped my phone once, and due to years of hacky sack I got my foot /w shoe under it, stopped it for a second, and it slid off and fell several inches to the ground unharmed!
  11. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

but with the seidio rugged...u can playhacky sack with it....
    ThatNewAndroidGuy likes this.
  12. BlackedOut

BlackedOut Well-Known Member

Haha, I do the same thing when I drop stuff. It's just a reflex now from playing hacky sack so much back in the day too.
  13. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

How do you manage to drop your phone daily?
  14. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

lets see...
    ..not everone works inside, or in an office, or just 40 hrs a week.
    (i work anywhere from 80-105 hrs a week.) offshore in the oilfield
    ...im a guy...
    ...work's physical, and in an industrial setting...
    ..i have the seidio rugged...so i can care less if i drop it...as long as its not in the water
    WaSTeLaNd likes this.
  15. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Well-Known Member

Same here i am a welder sideo rugged was the only way to go
  16. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

ha..awesome...i work behind welders------ paint and blast.....although i havent seen any with evo's and seidio.....mainly nexttels, or iphones with otterboxs
  17. CrazyTechnoBoy

CrazyTechnoBoy Well-Known Member

my kickstand doesnt close completely. if i close it and i tap it, it makes the noise as if your closing it. you get me? and i can flick out my kickstand now like a pocketknife!
  18. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Okay. I was just curious. :)
  19. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member

I know....and I'm just saying:D
  20. htc.EVOlution

htc.EVOlution Well-Known Member

so technically they can't fix it?
  21. axisofoil

axisofoil Well-Known Member

Someone in the thread said they took one with the same problem to a sprint store and they fixed it.
  22. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's ****ing annoying...
  23. E30Nova

E30Nova Well-Known Member

I know what you mean, brother! Besides, the phone looks sexy as it is, to cover it with a case would be a crime. ;)

I'll take my chances rockin the phone with no case. :cool:
  24. Awful

Awful Well-Known Member

Did you use the kickstand often? If not, why not a small piece of double sided tape between the phone and the stand? That would hold it in place fosho.
  25. Vipfreak

Vipfreak Well-Known Member

I took the kick stand off. Covered up the opening. I can deal without it for now.

Why didn't I go to Sprint? I got this phone used on CL. I'd rather pay $0 than get a new kick stand that will maybe break again...

[​IMG]