• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Broken Kickstand

new as in refurb....but yes 100....supposedly refurbs go through more stringent QC becuase...well...they were known to be defective...or someshit like that....the rugged from seidio is a beast of a case.....like an otterbox...but comes 2/3 cases in one

Innocase Rugged Holster Combo For use with HTC EVO 4G

The Seidio Rugged from Amazon for $36 was the best thing I ever did for my EVO.

Upvote 0
Just jumping in here... Response to ppl who are confused that people actually drop their phones:
Here's the thing. Im not going to pay 300$ for a phone that I have to baby around. I am active.
This kickstand is a bad design. Looking at the plastic cam device inside the stand controlling the motion, I would even call this a planned failure.? Its actually kind of misleading, the stand is all nice, aluminum, looks sturdy right? NOPE. Instead of taking a very VERY VERY simple design route (physically machine the cam surface into the stand, then use a leaf spring instead of the setup they ended up using) , someone got paid to come up with this terrible idea. I understand things break, but when theyre designed to break in a way that really interferes with the normal usage of the phone.. thats bad design. Not sure if I should blame sprint or HTC.
Ive had the phone for a year and it is DEFINITELY showing age. Mostly just random hiccups, which is expected, thats why i purchased insurance.
This kickstand thing just bums me out because its such a simple thing to get wrong. Started off noticing it was getting easier and easier to open the kickstand. Next think I know.. it wouldnt even stay closed?
anyways....
Otherwise , Im pretty happy with my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones