• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Broken LCD or Broken Digitizer?

Ale101

Lurker
May 7, 2013
Hey guys i recently dropped my phone and completely shattered the display...That being said the phone still recognizes my finger/s-pen even the display is all black...So does this mean i only need to replace the lcd? i tried looking if i could purchase the lcd on ebay but its all combo'd with a digitizer....Im really confused i believe my digitizer is ok since it recognizes the touch still i just have no display...Any help will be greatly appreaciated

Problem is everywhere i look online it says the lcd is combo'd with the digitizer do you know if the sell em seperately?

Hey guys this really isnt answered clearly anywhere? Can the lcd only be replaced on the note 2 not the glass(also shattered),,, the lcd is blotchy ink bleeding...its done...but the touch on the screen still works...Any info would be great

hey the problem is he doesnt say if he is replacing the digitizer as well my digitizer works even though there no longer is any display i can still press on the screen and hear the feedback even answer calls assuming i can remember where the buttons are.

hey so if you read my other post basically i dropped my phone shattered the glass and broke what i believe was is the lcd (because the ink ran, then eventually displayed no image). My digitizer still worked. So I asked the local repair shop and was told that the lcd and digitizer are together and rarely are sold seperately....however he said he had both laying around and if it so happened to just be the two and not the digitizer i would save some money from 280 (i paid 150)...so he replaced just the lcd and the glass and it worked perfectly nothing defective about it (also oem samsung part)...Im just wondering has anyone replaced just the lcd (not the glass) and not the digitizer. Let me know thanks..

Hey guys i recently dropped my phone and completely shattered the display...That being said the phone still recognizes my finger/s-pen even the display is all black...So does this mean i only need to replace the lcd? i tried looking if i could purchase the lcd on ebay but its all combo'd with a digitizer....Im really confused i believe my digitizer is ok since it recognizes the touch still i just have no display...Any help will be greatly appreaciated
If it recognizes your touch then you should only have to replace the lcd screen

Upvote 0
Hello Ale101 , I am sorry to hear of your problem . I know that with the Samsung galaxy s3 , that the digitizer is built into the LCD.
This is different than most smartphones where the LCD , digitizer and surface glass are all seperate components that are all fused together.
Here is a link that I believe you may find of use . I hope this helps .

Inexpensive Samsung Galaxy S3 Screen Repair

Upvote 0
thx guys I got the phon fixed supposbly just my lcd and glass were replaced i was charged 150. Does this seem like a reasonable price for just the lcd and glass? I noticed a couple times where the phone itself lagged not sure if its because of the repair....he left a dust in the inside kinda pissed me off but it was 150

Upvote 0
First where did you get it repaired, and why did you not check with Samsung to see what they would of charged.

thx guys I got the phon fixed supposbly just my lcd and glass were replaced i was charged 150. Does this seem like a reasonable price for just the lcd and glass? I noticed a couple times where the phone itself lagged not sure if its because of the repair....he left a dust in the inside kinda pissed me off but it was 150

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones