• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Broken Market Update Tool - Widespread

dkaufman1

Android Expert
Oct 24, 2008
The Lab
rdrrlabs.com
After a few apps had updates come out that I didn't get notified about I began wondering what was wrong with my phone. After a few well placed friends pointed me to an official Google Market message board.

Market app 'my downloads' out of sync with installed apps preventing upgrade notification - Android Market Help

This thread has been growing fast, with reports coming in of more and more users with this issue.

It seems this problem is global, with users from France and the US reporting, possibly others.

If you are experienceing this issue, please report it on that board.

naw hes saying you dont get the notification on the top of your screen when an app needs to be updated. you can still go to the market then go to my downloads and it will show which apps need to updated. i have that same problem. its pretty annoying.

Actually SAM - I (and others) am not seeing any updates in MyDownloads either. The only way I even know about new software would be to search out each one. I talked to a friend who says Google is aware of the issue, but no other info was provided as to a possible fix or when.

Upvote 0
naw hes saying you dont get the notification on the top of your screen when an app needs to be updated. you can still go to the market then go to my downloads and it will show which apps need to updated. i have that same problem. its pretty annoying.

I was actually trying to slightly imply that those using aTrackDog won't be bothered by this issue.

Upvote 0
I was actually trying to slightly imply that those using aTrackDog won't be bothered by this issue.

ATrackDog does NOT fix the issue. It just tells me I'm missing updates that the Market claims to not have.
Like it says I have Google Maps 1.1(or whatever the number) but that the new update is Google Maps 1.2, and the Market says that there is no new update for Google Maps no matter where I look. Additionally it will tell me and earlier iteration is an update like "You Have GoogleHat 2.2 and you could upgrade to GoogleHat 1.9" so no, ATrackDog helps moderately but also has it's own share of issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones